Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2001, 10:56 PM   #1
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Ok here it goes! Im going to try and play the game through on regular level with just 1 person! No extra guys jumping in, no hacks or cheats, i might have to reload a few times he he.
Ok, its going to have to be a half elf, fighter/mage/thief. I think ill need all those skills to survive.

STR 10/54 DEX 18 CON 18 INT 18 WIS 7 CHAR 5

Ok Im finished chapter 1, first dungeon and promenade. I had trouble in 2 spots, the vampire in the promenade at night, and the adventure team on the 2nd floor of the inn. I can't take the vampire in swordfighting, so I used speed potion, then potion of fire breath on her. She chased me, i ran and used wand of lightning on her 3 times while running about. Finally she died.
Adventure team in inn was harder, had to reload 2 times. I use cloudkill wand then cast invisibility on myself. Mage and familiar died. Then 2 fireballs out of eyesight hurt the fighter enough to panic. I magic missiled him 2x to death when he ran by. That left thief and dwarf. Used wand of summoning and cast summon spell to attack them. Thief ran, so i went sword to sword with the dwarf. Battle over.

SO after chapter 1, Im now a fighter 8/ mage 9/ thief 9 with 73 hp AC -2

Have mail of the dead (have to remove to cast), helm of balduran, belt of piercing, meta spell amulet, cloak non detection, ring of regeneration, ring of human influence (18 char), use longsword +1 and longsword, and have sword of chaos+2 for who knows what. 3 proficiencies in dual weapons, 2 in longsword, 1 in katana. And 3571 gold

Ill keep you updated. Thanks. Off to the Slums! And of course, I named myself Baal Lord of Murder! What else.!
Old 06-02-2001, 10:58 PM   #2
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

P.S. The only thing I did have to do was take off the experience cap. Im going to need it off to survive.
Old 06-02-2001, 11:15 PM   #3
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Ack...soloing one of those triple classes is NOT my idea of fun, LoL. =D
Old 06-02-2001, 11:43 PM   #4
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Welcome to IronWorks, Sunder!!

I soloed my Archer, but I will NEVER remove the exp cap again...

I guess for an triple-char you'd have to , though...

Enjoy the experience, Keep us posted, but remeber to place SPOILER spaces in fron of your posts for the newbies !
Old 06-03-2001, 04:37 AM   #5
Leagle
Manshoon

I am doing a double, a mage/theif. (See, I just couldn't get rid of the damn rogue -I will cheat to work with Bohdi! ) I tried a fighjter/mage but that was useless for me.

[This message has been edited by Leagle (edited 06-03-2001).]
Old 06-03-2001, 09:41 AM   #6
Shadow
Manshoon

I soloed a mage with xcap off. It was great. I died hardly at all. Lawful evil!

------------------
The Black Killer
Old 06-04-2001, 04:33 AM   #7
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Getting tough. Doing chapter 2 quests. Cleared the fighter stronghold and took over there, then killed the red dragon stronghold. Darn Red dragon stronghold is extremely hard with 1 character. The Undead are easy, all undead are with a protection from undead scroll, but I can't even touch the greater werewolves. I think somehow they bumped up their strength, I didn't remember having such trouble with them before.
I had 5 beserker ogres and myself (2 weapons +3) all hasted and with frost giant potion, I swear I beat the snot out of that greater werewolf, My hits were doing 10-20 damage each, double that with criticals (30-40 once in a while) The zerker ogres were hitting hard also, Damn werewolf must regenerate 100 hp a round or something. At the most I got it down to barely injured, it didn't even blink at me. SO I had to invisible past the greater werewolves, irritates me i couldn't kill one.
The red dragon was tough also with one person, and a few summoned monsters. Took me about 3 hours LOL to finally kill it. Basically I went in swinging. Sent 5 hasted monsters to distract it, and went in with 2 swords (dragonslayer and daystar). Spent about 10-15,000 on scrolls to help me, I just didn't have the power to hurt it much otherwise.
Old 06-04-2001, 04:45 AM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Go the Monk! Monks are great soloists!

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 06-04-2001, 06:15 AM   #9
Rolzi_69
The Magister

good going
im the same in my adventure and im almost fiished

------------------
Rolzi_69 will reign supreme over all!!!!
Old 06-04-2001, 05:53 PM   #10
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Spoilers maybe
/
/
/
/
/
/
//

/
Ok, still going with chapter 2. Bopped through the Bridge district pretty easy. Protection from undead let me kill the lich with no sweating, and actually had a easy time with the Twisted rune inhabitants. I didn't play that room the first time through, so didn't know what to expect, but good thing i was prepared.
The twisted rune lair holds 5 opponents, a beholder, a strong mage, a lich, a strong vampire, and a fighter (or a thief, he dies easy whoever he is). Now going 1 player vs all of them is very hard, especially since he can't even cast level 7 spells yet. But the way to win presented itself real quick.
Entering the Tristed rune home directly after killing the lich nextdoor I still had my protection from undead up. The Lich didn't notice me. I conjured a couple groups of mostersummoning I to make him use a few spells up, such as timespot, symbol of fear, etc. Then just shooting him with +2 arrows until he was almost dead (don't kill him yet)
Now I had to time my attacks to work at the near time my protection from undead protection dropped (he can see you once it drops, then the major battle starts). Once he sees you, the other Twisted rune inhabitants gate in and attack. But there is a great little room off to the west side, great for hiding and planning attacks.
Now, threw up a 2nd protection from undead. I have to worry about the beholder, mage, and warrior first, the 2 undead i can save for later. Warrior(or thief) is stupid, he follows you into the small west room, easy dead. 4 to go. The lich is in that room with me, but can't see me. Now I need to take out that beholder. I cast Monstersummoning I again, just outside the room. As it takes place, I run out and attack the beholder who is targeting the newly summoned monsters. Whack Whack Whack dead. 3 left. The mage is casting protection spells, the vampire is running around the table my direction to the summoned monsters. The lich is right beside me. DAYSTAR! beam hits once the vampire is close BAM! lich and vampire fried. Mage only left. I run back into the small room.
Time for the protection from magic scroll. Problem is mage has gated in a demon. So I stay in the small room as they fight each other. Waiting, Waiting, spells fail, hit. I see the demon has been powerword stunned. EXCELLENT! I run out the room at the demon, and proceed to kill it (its stunned, free hits LOL), then I yawn and stretch as the last mage empties her spells at me, only to see them all fizzle. Then I test out my 2 weapon style on the mages butt.
Twisted rune room finished, all with my level 10 fighter/11 mage/13 thief WHOO HOOO!
And I got that nice staff of the Magi. he he he he he