Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2001, 04:32 PM   #1
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I have talked to Adalon, the Silver Dragon and she wants us to find her dragon eggs. She makes us all look like drow. Then I go to the drow city gates. I thought I was supposed to talk to the guard there and convince him that I am Veldrin from Ched Nassad and I am to be in the Male Fighters Society within three days (Lady Avalon in the Male Fighters Society????Ha Ha Ha). Anyway, when I approach the city gates, the guards are red and my party instantly attacks. I walked around the whole city killing everything in site as I didn't have any other choice. Everyone was RED. OK, so what's wrong with this picture? What did I do wrong? Please HELP!!!

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 04-09-2001, 05:01 PM   #2
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Someone PLEASE help me.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 04-09-2001, 05:07 PM   #3
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

That's really bizarre Lady. I've never heard of such a thing...

You are sure that you didn't kill any Drow between leaving Adalon's cave and getting into the city?

------------------

My *God* man...would you *please* eat something!?
Old 04-09-2001, 05:08 PM   #4
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

No, I'm sure I didn't kill any drow. It was a very short walk.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 04-09-2001, 05:09 PM   #5
demus
Manshoon

Ok, two things could have happened here, eiter you attacked someone you shouldn't have, did you attack the Drow scout who went running back to the city?
Or you have a bug and may need to reload an old save (if you have any).
I hope this helps.

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 04-09-2001, 05:35 PM   #6
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I am going to try and reload the save right after I got the quest from Adalon and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 04-09-2001, 05:47 PM   #7
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

OK, I went back and reloaded a save game. I get to the gates and the drow guard does talk to me, but says that I can't be who I say I am and that I am rejected from the city. Then he turns red and starts attacking. Is it possible that I killed drow before talking to Adalon?

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 04-09-2001, 06:05 PM   #8
Charlie
Lord Ao

I know it sounds silly but are you definitely giving him the correct dialogue option...ie the name. Quite often the names and places sound and look very similar. He's not attacking you upon sight, only after the dialogue. Also have you talked to all the Duergar in their encampment, I think one of those has some info' (could be wrong on this though.) And lastly, did you visit the cave type area upon exiting the map about half way up on the West side? There are some Drow guarding a door there.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 04-09-2001, 06:28 PM   #9
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Thank you Charlie. I feel so stupid. Yes, there were two responses. The one I picked, which was number 2: Please, I beg of you, allow me entry. I am the humble Veldrid from Ched Nasad. Number 3 was: Stand down, male worm! I am Veldrin from the city of Ched Nasad. Let me pass!

When I picked number 3, I was allowed entry into the village. I guess I just didn't look further when I saw the right name and city. Next time, I will be more careful. Thanks again.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 04-09-2001, 06:37 PM   #10
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

I have seen you around here a few times Lady Avalon. The way it looks we both joined the board at the same time, got the game at the same time and done some of the quests at the same time. I am a little ahead of you I did the undark stuff on te weekend. I was just wondering if you did the majority of the quests in Chaps 2 & 3 and wanted to say High.

------------------
A Council Member of the Wizards of the Light

[This message has been edited by Sorcerer Dave (edited 04-09-2001).]