Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 04-17-2002, 02:42 AM   #1
Charmy
Dungeon Master

Spoiler Space...

Well, I finished the game, tried out the three endings, and I must say that I enjoyed every second of this game. The ending battle with the Dark Savant was pathetically easy compared to what I had to do to reach the Chaos Moliri temple (3 Djinn of the Clouds, a Major Demon and 6 imps.. ACK!). A little disappointed with that, but that aside, had a fantastic time, and I am probably going to play through the game again, perhaps with an imported Wizardry 7 party. Granted the ending has a TON of bugs you can exploit (killing the Dark Savant when you pretend to join up with him, for example). The main thing I'm confused about though is the T'Rang and the Umpani. I had destroyed the black ship, talked to Yamir, the alliance between the Trang and the Umpani was created, and they both said they would meet me on Ascension Peak.. however they never did! I never caught a glimpse of an Umpani or a T'Rang anywhere, or an army.. I never saw the slightest trace of them.

Was this an unfinished part of the game? Reading through previous posts it seems the 3 ending choices you have never differ, except slightly when you have Vi Domina in your party.. Its a shame, it would have made a good game even better.. Nice twist in the end about the Dark Savant being Phoonzang all along.. never saw it coming.

Kudos to Sir-tech for producing top quality stuff, despite the huge problems they had.. it may not be as 'polished' as the other Wizardries, but damn is it fun.

oh yeah, here are my stats when finishing the game, in case anyone is interested:

Play time: 31 days.

Characters:

Female Lizardwoman Fighter (Slythrael)
Male Dracon Samurai (Gryph)
Female Fairy Ninja (Mist)
Male Felpurr Bard (Katz)
Male Rawuff Priest (Porthos)
Female Elf Bishop (Arwyn)
Male Trynnie Gadgeteer (Madras)

Difficulty: Expert throughout

Deaths: Zero and source of constant aggrivation.

Level: 23-26

Weapons used: LightSword, Diamond Eyes, Strong Bow with Mystic Arrows, Muramasa Blade, Enchanted Wakizashi, Strong Bow with Peacemakers Arrows, Cane of Corpus, Rod of Sprites, Vampire Chain, Wrist Rocket with Medusa Stones, Diamond Epee, Siege Arbalest with Lightning Bolts, Staff of Doom, Omnigun MK 12 equipped with Medusa Stones

Quests: T'Rang/Umpani Alliance. No non-aggressive NPCs killed except Don Barlone/Milano Calzone. (For CoC)

P.S.! What happens exactly if you go to Ascension Peak and talk to the Dark Savant WITHOUT deactivating the Arnika Bomb? Does he kill you instantly? Does Dominus explode? Is there a cinema? Does the game just prevent you from going to the cosmic circle until its deactivated? I'd be very curious to know..

[ 04-17-2002, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: Charmy ]
Charmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 09:42 AM   #2
swavek
The Magister

I agree with you Charmy, i had a LOT of fun playing the game. in fact, the day i finished it for the first time was also the day i started playing it again but with a different party. right now, i'm on ascension peak with the destinae dominus and choas moliri already in their respective temples. the 2nd time around, i used no npc's so that i could get more experience points and the fact that all of them except the android won't go to several areas in the game. (i know that you can force them to tag along anyway, but their abilities get reduced drastically.)
as for the last fight with the Dark Savant, i agree with that too. He was so easy to beat. He was too easy, in fact. The fight with the 3 cloud djinni's and the demon still remains the most difficult for me.
Old 04-17-2002, 12:46 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I've heard that the T'Rang/Umpani armies were something that was left out because of time constraints. So they never appear at the Peak.

I never went to the endgane without disarming the tower, so don't know if there's a fancy FMV. But it will certainly bring the game to a bad end, so turning off the bomb is definitely necessary.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 03:33 AM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Charmy:
The main thing I'm confused about though is the T'Rang and the Umpani. I had destroyed the black ship, talked to Yamir, the alliance between the Trang and the Umpani was created, and they both said they would meet me on Ascension Peak.. however they never did! I never caught a glimpse of an Umpani or a T'Rang anywhere, or an army.. I never saw the slightest trace of them.
I wondered that myself! I was hoping maybe Seargent Glumph (since he was sooo useful when I saved him [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) would arrive to save the day when I was yet again trying to kill the rapax prince and his cronies . Tough battle that [img]smile.gif[/img] .