Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-28-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have been playing the Undermountain module with no trouble and so I never knew that there was something wrong with the game. Ziroc just mentioned that there is a new patch available and that Uundermountain was running it, so I went to update. Funny thing is...this is where I start having trouble. The updater cannot identify what patch version I have nor will it allow me to update to the newest patch, and aborts.

Anyone have any idea?

An interesting note: I have the game fully installed so that I do not use disks to access any game play. I used to have to have a disk in, but not anymore. When I used to use a disk, I would automatically receive that window that asks if I want to update, before I got the screen that asks what game I will be playing. Now...I go straight to the game option screen. In order for me to actually pull up the update screen, I have to go into the directory and open the file called NWUPDATE.

I thought that maybe if I installed the play disk or something, it would prompt me to the update screen on its own, but I got the message like Lost Prophet got, saying that it is not in the correct directory. If its not in the correct directory, how am I playing the games? Anyway...something is out of line, and I am now lost as to what it might be. Bah!

More info...I tried logging into Undermountain just now and it prompted me for the update...and I said yes, but it gave me the same error of abortion for not being able to decide my current version.

[ 04-28-2006, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 04-28-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

I am rolling with the same situation. (Running right from the hard drive and not using the disks in the drive)

When I went for the update, it ended up dropping me down to version 1.65, and I had to do the update a SECOND time where it took me (finally) to version 1.67. In your case, I would advise just downloading the critical update file and using that to boost up your version of Neverwinter Nights to the current edition. I had to do that with version 1.64 and a few other versions before that. If that does not work, let me know and I will see what other options you have available.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:47 PM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Mozenwrathe:
When I went for the update, it ended up dropping me down to version 1.65, and I had to do the update a SECOND time where it took me (finally) to version 1.67.
That sounds like you simply had a 1.66 to 1.65 revert patch in your nwn folder.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:57 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I've run out of time today and will probably not be able to work on this until Sunday night. I'll let you guys know what occurs when I do.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:02 PM   #5
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Regardless of what happened to me, I would suggest you download the critical rebuild patch, Larry_OHF. They've never failed me yet, even though I did have a rough time with one of them. Let us know how the updates work out for when you kick them into gear, okay?
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #6
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Is there any difference between the HOU and the neverwinter night patch beside the size. I had the same problems using the auto update and it said I have a critical error in the HOU chapter 2 and would cancel the install.. I guess I down load the main update
Old 04-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #7
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

GRRRRR.. I just downloaded the 1.67 version for the regular game and this says its it is not comaptable either. I'm going out to the Biware site to see if they have any answers why it won't work. I'll post what ever I find
Old 04-29-2006, 09:03 PM   #8
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

It appears that the HOU version will work correctly.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:07 AM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Could have saved you the trouble, if I'd been home yesterday afternoon. There are things in the Hordes version that are not in the regular NWN's version, or the SoU version. Scripting changes, classes, and Prestige classes, not to mention the level restriction increase from Shadows to Hordes.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:58 AM   #10
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

Have you tried the critical rebuild: http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch_english_hotu.html