Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-12-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Here is the release:

Obsidian in November, we learned that they would be using SpeedTrees in the game which would create all the trees and is the same system used for Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Well they've sent a press release today about it but also included a launch date which falls in line with recent comments by Obsidian for a 3rd quarter release. Here's the announcement.
COLUMBIA, SC – Atari, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATAR) and game developer Obsidian Entertainment have licensed SpeedTree®RT for Neverwinter Nights™ 2, the highly-anticipated sequel to the revolutionary computer game that helped define the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® genre of roleplaying games (RPG).

Neverwinter Nights 2 features a completely new, cutting-edge graphics system, overland map, engaging RPG storyline, and an original, powerful toolset that lets gamers create and share their own adventures and play them online with other gamers for limitless adventures. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS is under license from the Hasbro Properties Group, the intellectual property development arm of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS).

“Beautiful, realistic and wind-blown trees will be essential to delivering the next-generation look and feel our players expect from this new game,” said Feargus Urquhart, CEO, Obsidian Entertainment. “We plan to push the standard of overall graphical excellence in Neverwinter Nights 2, and SpeedTree is key to those efforts.”

"SpeedTree from IDV was instrumental in the new rendering engine development of Neverwinter Nights 2. Its large tree database, support for wind, and simple software development kit gave us an incredibly realistic foliage solution quickly that looks and performs incredibly,” said Darren Monahan, executive producer, Obsidian Entertainment.

“We’re extremely excited to see this level of detail and attention being paid to Neverwinter Nights 2 and are pleased with the results of what will be a worthy successor to one of the most coveted RPG games ever created,” said Jeff Burdeen, vice president of digital media for the Hasbro Properties Group.

Neverwinter Nights 2 will be published worldwide in September 2006.
----------------------------

This is not true though. I can bet you a million bucks that it will NOT be released in Sept, when it is SO close to Christmas (the largest buying season for games). So folks, expect NWN2 Christmas 2006. ALL games that delay near christmas, ALWAYS release at christmas.

Ah well.. polish that game guys.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yeah, sounds like it. So much for June.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

And it was going to come out on my birthday, too.
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:03 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Fine by me...as I am in school until December anyway, and then buying this game would be my graduation present.

Y'all can get it for me and I can party all week long, 24/7 since I won't have school anymore, and can't look for a job until after the holidays.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Fine by me...as I am in school until December anyway, and then buying this game would be my graduation present.

Y'all can get it for me and I can party all week long, 24/7 since I won't have school anymore, and can't look for a job until after the holidays.
What a plan...Sounds good to me [img]smile.gif[/img]
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:22 AM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yes... and I can smell the sys reqs for this game... tsktsktsk. Hopefully I get to upgrade my system by that time.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:33 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm cool with it too - I'd rather they took the time and got it right, rather than doing a KOTOR 2 type release.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:42 AM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

Heh, I'll probably play Oblivion until then anyway.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:26 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Good news. The later the better IMHO. Why have a rushed product sooner and sit twidling your thumbs for the rest of the year when we're done with it (gaming-wise) when we could have a complete and playable game if we wait a little longer?
Old 04-13-2006, 07:35 PM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I'm cool with it too - I'd rather they took the time and got it right, rather than doing a KOTOR 2 type release.
That's what I was worried about. Polish this sucker till it glows, then release. I was worried Atari would whine and push it out, like they did DDO for $$$ to save their butts. (Atari is near broke)

Well, we all have something to look forward to on Christmas! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote