Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-23-2003, 04:37 PM   #1
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Just curious. I have a guy in my office that is running an ATI card I think the 9700 and he says all the video features work and he has the settings set to the max. Have all the bugs been worked out?
Thanks in advance,
Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 09:01 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

More or less, yes. The shiny water issue has been resolved for the most part due to the release of the 'Catalyst' package by ATI although some still claim they can't see this feature even with the drivers...If you're thinking of getting one, I'd go for it.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:34 PM   #3
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

What's this Catalyst? I have an 8500DV and I can't enable the Shiny water... Is it possible to fix this?
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Jeffi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 08:06 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yah check out the official site www.ati.com you can get all your info there
Old 05-02-2003, 05:58 PM   #5
Son of Osiris

Yeah? Well I still think that ATI is CRAP!!! My entire computer just stops while using the toolset! The cursor will not move and whatever music is playing plays on the SAME NOTE!!! Maybe it's because my parents bought me a stuipid Radeon 7000 but I don't know. However, ATI won't see a penny outta me until I'm convinced that ATI is the right video card for me.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:00 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Blah, Nvidia has it's bugs too. Basically you just need to settle on one type of card and deal with the various problems you have.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:22 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Whackmiester, are you by chance using windows XP?
Old 05-10-2003, 06:30 AM   #8
Target
Red Dragon

I'm having problems with my Radion 9700 as well. I've just installed the game, and after 2 mins of playing it re-set my machine. I tried again and after 2 mins crashed so I had to re-boot.

Any ideas why that is happening??? I think I have the latest drivers.

Also where I live I can only get my modem to connect at 33,600bps so I can't update the game, as my ISP stops connection at 2 hours the update only gets to 84% then I loose it all. (that was a waste of 2 hours!!)

Any ideas how to update to the patch patch, or even an earlier one??

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 04:04 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Radeon, like Nvidia seems to like certain systems more than it does others. The answer could be many things...

try using someone elses computer/connection and downloading the "Manual Installation" of the patch. You could even do this at your local library although you'd need access to a cd-burner in order to save the thing.
If all else fails, Bioware can send you the patch via mail on a CD (it is your legal right). Or if you know anyone in the UK who has this game maybe they'd be so kind as to send you a copy opf the patch in the post?

[ 05-10-2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 05-14-2003, 01:48 PM   #10
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Target what patch level are you at? I would guess you are at 1.10. If so I can put the extracted zip file on my ftp site and then you can get it as you can. You would need to rezip it and do all the manual patch stuff to get it to work but at least you would have it. Let me know if you want me to do that.
Granamere

OK I just saw the main file in the zip is just as big as the zip. So this is not as good of an idea as I thought. If you want I can use a splitting program split the zip file up and then you can get the smaller file and put them back together. Just let me know what splitting program you want me to use.
Granamere

[ 05-14-2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Granamere ]
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote