Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2001, 03:23 AM   #1
Moni

I have no vampires in my party.
I am assuming the powerful artifact Adrianna gives you for completing her quest is a ring that I won't need.
Wondering if the other "gift" she will give me is an ability my non-vampires will finds useless.

Without spoiling it for other players who may have vampires in their parties, a simple "yes you want them" or "go ahead & kill" her will suffice. : )

I would hate to complete her quest for things I may not need and there seems to be so much to do for the Skull Castle that I would hate to re-load & just toast her and then have to do it all again.

Thanks!
: )
Moni
Old 01-11-2001, 04:30 AM   #2
carg
The Magister

The quest hardly takes extra time when you do all the other quests, and it's quite amusing. You can always sell the ring, but I guess you don't want the special ability she offers to give you.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 06:18 AM   #3
Lily the Ranger

Don't equip her ring unless you have installed the patch . . . it crashes the game from what I hear. Asked about being a vampire a few days ago and got scads of extremely helpful advice. Since I played my first game without, though I would try it the second time around.
Old 01-11-2001, 11:55 AM   #4
Moni

Thank you both, I guess I can take her quest & off her before she has the chance to use the scroll, if I can do that!
Old 01-11-2001, 10:37 PM   #5
Moni

Carg,
You were absolutely right! I tried offing Adrianna before she could use the scroll for the EP's but to no avail...the Nosferatu with her would start getting successful Death's Heads on us & pretty soon I had one live guy left staring down the bare blue neck of an as of yet unhurt Adrianna!
I trloaded & stepped back to let her use the scroll & watch what would happen.
Glad I stepped back! That was funny!
I did not take the Vampire Ring from her, I opted for the key, which I found out does not work but I read a thread on how to beat the lock...literally, lol, or with lockpicks.
Found a ring where her body had dissipated...thought I was lucky enough to have acquired both artifacts but it turned out to be a Ring of Torture, lol!
:: SIGH ::

Moni
Old 01-11-2001, 10:59 PM   #6
Serath
Manshoon

I picked off the Nosferatu one by one while they were ganging up on Adrianna. Once the dust cleared, only her and my party were left standing. Then the narration went into it's spiel about gazing down on Adrianna's body and feeling sorry for her demise. Only thing is, she's still standing across from me staring blankly into space. Somebody goofed. Not wanting to screw up the storyline, I offed her too. Vampires used to give me fits in the old Gold box games, and I still have no love for them even now. So ends my story.

Serath
"Sword not work??? I need a bigger sword..."
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 11:10 PM   #7
Moni

Serath,
Way to go! As long as it took them to off her I should have thought of that...instead, I went into the kitchen & made a sandwich!
Old 01-12-2001, 12:35 AM   #8
Gefallen

Actually:

A couple of meteor swarms and several firestorms and toasted vampires were on the menu.

Kill them all and let Munsey sort them out!

Gefallen
Old 01-12-2001, 04:00 AM   #9
carg
The Magister

I read in another post that not offing Adrianna after killing her croonies has an advantage: you can steal the scroll back from her and offer it again, for a second (and thrird, and ....) ring.

By the way, the vampires in Baldurs Gate II are pretty scary too, draining up to 4 levels in one hit, and they're fast. (Still no match for Boo though!)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 04:26 AM   #10
Moni

Go For The Eyes Boo! Go For The Eyes!

LMAO, I am never going to see my poor little kitty the same way again!

Moni