Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2004, 05:33 AM   #1
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

I've just finished clearing out the Guarded Compound with my solo Skald and I'm ready to take on the dreaded Acid Kensai. Even though I know Kuriosan is supposed to appear as soon as I equip Celestial Fury, I'm trying to actually roleplay the encounter. After my victory at the Guarded Compound, I went to the Copper Coronet to rest and recover spells. From there, I went to Waukeen's Promenade to sell some of the items I gained from my latest adventure.

Naturally, I couldn't resist admiring this new katana I had acquired - especially after being on the receiving end of it's damage. So I pulled the sword out and started looking at it.

Normally, that would prompt an immediate visit from the high-strung (and very demanding) kensai known as Kuriosan....but not this time.

I equipped Celestial Fury and wandered around the Promenade waiting for him to show up (giving up an pretense of roleplaying at that point). Nothing happened. So I traveled to several different districts with Celestial Fury held in plain view. Again, nothing happened.

So I'm stumped. I know Kuriosan is supposed to appear as soon as I wield Celestial Fury in public for the first time, but he isn't showing up for my Skald for some reason.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Old 11-25-2004, 05:51 AM   #2
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Be glad [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I've just browsed through the tactics forums, and the advice given was to equip it and then rest a few times. Unfortunately, no feedback was given on its success, but you could try shacking up in an inn for a couple of days and sharpening your new blade [img]smile.gif[/img]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 09:06 AM   #3
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

I've faced Kuriosan before, though. This will actually be the 4th or 5th time I've advanced far enough to face him. Every other time, he showed up as soon as I equipped Celestial Fury (or Malakar in one of the games). I did rest for a night in the Copper Coronet before venturing out looking for him. But this time he isn't showing up at all.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:15 AM   #4
Jani
Dungeon Master

It takes more than one day for Kuroisan to appear. At least in my games. 2 or 3 days. IMO it´s one of the funniest battles in the game. Too bad he cannot dispel any protections. That would make him rock=)
Jani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:53 PM   #5
rily83
Dungeon Master

It takes time. Relax. As usual Murphy's law will be proven. I fought him in trademeet, which was some time after completing the guarded compound.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:09 PM   #6
Feral
Elminster

I've found Kuroisan's timing to be quite buggy. See here for my tale of woe.

Once he does appear, though, hold on to yer hat!

[ 11-26-2004, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Feral ]