Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

Okay, no need to beat a dead horse. From the enormous amount of reviews I read prior to playing NWN SoU I knew the storyline was going to be weak. But what I didn't know was:

I wouldn't get any weapon drops more powerful than any weapon that was in NWN OC, At least at the end of NWN OC I had a +4 Reaper, Astral Blade +2 with sonic damage and Dragon Armor. Now that sucks big time. Maybe I missed something. No weapons smiths, nobody selling anyting of worth, nothing.

The most enjoyable part of the game was teaming with Deekin (the buffs were awesome).

And to add insult to injury, after going through all that repetitive hell and not getting any powerful treasure, when I start HotU they have the audacity to take what crap I did have away from me. Now that's just sadistic. I thought these games were designed to be fun. Whose idea of fun was that.

Make the ememies harder in an expansion, don't take away my less than epic gear it took me hours of fedexing to find.

Heh
Old 04-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Uh, we did kinda warn you about Hordes...I don't really recall what the items in Shadows were like now, but I do seem to think that there were some decent things in there.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

Well, they're more restrictive with powerful items in SoU than in NWN, but I have no problem with that myself. As a matter of fact, I prefer it that way. SoU also ends at a lower level than NWN, so the items are not going to be as powerful at the end.

As for the items that they steal from you in the beginning of HotU, you can get them back later. They're easy to miss, and while I don't want to spoil you too much, I can say that they're in a chest in an encampment.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:57 PM   #4
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

As always, thanks for the feedback!

Well, now that I've gotten over losing my equipment and actuall started venturing forth in the game I'm liking it more and more.

I went down the well and am still on the first level of the Mountain

Warning (might be considered a) Spoiler:
And I already have a few weapons almost as powerful as my +4 Sonic Reaper (can't wait to get that back, the stun/daze on hit just rocked!!)

And found one on this dead guy that can't stop talking but is as powerful or more... lol

The loot seems outrageous so far in HotU, but maybe their just trying to makeup for the what they stole and it'll trail off. Anyways, I'm liking it... now if only I can stop this damn dragon from fearing and killing my party.. lol

FYI I'm rolling with Deekin (I love this bards buffs) and Daelan Red Tiger, the Girl bard that I found seemed to overlap too much with Deekin and she was weak and didn't have any good songs so I gave her the boot.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:50 PM   #5
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Keep tabs on Deekin. I goofed last week and met the Arch Mage without him this time through. Ended up in the underdark without him. Making the best of it.

P.S.S. By the time you find your old stuff you won't be interested in having it. That is until you enter the realm of the Treasure Chest.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:00 AM   #6
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

I'm seeing that now, this loot is ridiculously overpowered, I just found
Warning (might be considered a) Spoiler:
Aramil's Blade +5 and +8 strength now that's just crazy loot (it does have a -3 dex hit though, but I just found a belt with +4 dex so it's wash..lol)

Wish I knew what Vorpal was though, oh well, let me hit somebody and try to find out...lol

The main thing I'm needing though now is all my bags... I had like 5 bags of 100% holding and another 6-8 knockoff bags of 20-80% holdings (yeah I was a pack rat, kept almost every decent weapon I found, figured I'd need them sometime... didn't work out that way though, should have sold the stuff)
Old 04-11-2006, 12:23 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Vorpal is fun, once it works...and when it does, you'll know. As for the dragon, maybe a little "Clarity" will help you out...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:06 AM   #8
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Your not even in the underdark and you have a vorpal, there's no justice. By this point sell everything under +3 and don't worry about selling something you'll want later. Anything useful and important appears in the reapers pool in the gatehouse. Even if you sell it it appears there "FOR FREE". Even items you left on NPCs that you will not be going back for will appear there.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote