Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2003, 05:35 PM   #1
Sig Segorn
Dungeon Master

Anybody know where a Scroll of Chant can be purchased or found?
Sig Segorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 06:35 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

No, because there's no such thing. If you have ToSC, you will find a couple of Priest scrolls, but only of the high-level Cleric spells. These were basically added so that parties that happened to have a Druid instead wouldn't feel left out.
Old 01-17-2003, 06:37 PM   #3
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

Since Chant is a priest spell I don't believe they are on individual scrolls. If you have played Icewind Dale they actually do have priest and druid spells on individual scrolls, and i know in BG2 you can get a scroll of cure medium wounds but to my recollection there arent individual scrolls of chant in BG1. All you need is a cleric(or multi or dual classed cleric type) with level 2 spells.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:36 AM   #4
Sig Segorn
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I vaguely recalled reading something about priest spells can't be bought or found like mage spells can, so I was afraid that might be the deal. I think what got me confused was there's a scroll of Defensive Harmony in the Character Editor that I've been having Kivan use on the party, which is a higher level spell than Chant. I used to have Jaheira cast Chant on the party, but I arranged her demise when she was still complaining about my "leadership" after completing the Nashkel Mines. My desire for a 3rd archer sealed her fate. I liked Chant, but I can get by with Defensive Harmony, along with the other protective spells.
Sig Segorn is offline   Reply With Quote