Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2002, 08:05 AM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

To improve on the Aerie tactic... send her in alone. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

No, seriously, I am not kidding. [img]smile.gif[/img] Give her the Mace of Disruption +2 and cast Death Ward + Spell Immunity:Abjuration on her prior to meeting the Demi-Lich. Aerie eats Demi-Liches alive! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 08:12 AM   #12
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
To improve on the Aerie tactic... send her in alone. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

No, seriously, I am not kidding. [img]smile.gif[/img] Give her the Mace of Disruption +2 and cast Death Ward + Spell Immunity:Abjuration on her prior to meeting the Demi-Lich. Aerie eats Demi-Liches alive! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
I somehow managed to miss the Mace of Disuption that game. Hey, I wasnt expecting the ultimate vamprie killer to be in a vampire lair. I should have been paying attention.

And I didnt have an SI handy. I had a Freedom handy since I never swapped it out after the underdark.
Old 11-27-2002, 12:11 PM   #13
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim:
Unfortunately, Minsc's "Beserk" ability does not protect from imprisonment, only "Enraging" does. Confusing, especially since enraging comes from beserkers!
It most certainly does, he single handidly took out Kangaxx for me as well as the very Lich mentioned in this thread.
Old 11-27-2002, 12:17 PM   #14
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
quote:
Perhaps because the Planetar wields a Vorpal weapon?
Hmm, I could swear that I've seen Devas score vorpal hits too. Perhaps it's an innate ability, regardless of the wielded weapon?[/QUOTE]I don't know about Vorpal, but i know one thing for sure - the Devas' attacks cause a Stun effect, for reasons unknown.
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 04:28 AM   #15
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ozzman:
quote:
Unfortunately, Minsc's "Beserk" ability does not protect from imprisonment, only "Enraging" does. Confusing, especially since enraging comes from beserkers!
It most certainly does, he single handidly took out Kangaxx for me as well as the very Lich mentioned in this thread.[/QUOTE]In my experiences, it has not. This could simply be an inconsistency between our versions. Minsc's berserk grants +2 STR, +15HP and immunity to stun for its duration. This is a different special ability to the enrage from Beserkers. Enrage grants +15HP, +2 to hit, +2 to damage and immunity to charm, stun, sleep and imprisionment

I'll double check tonight and test it and post what I find tomorrow [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 07:24 PM   #16
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Once you have a Mage in the ToB range, (preferably equipped with the Staff of the Magi), Demi-Liches become ridiculously easy. They are completely immune to all spells in Levels 1 through 9 (except those that create weapons of +4 enchantment or better), but they're just as vulnerable to 10th-Level Spells as anything else.

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
Nalia: "Hi there, Mr. Demi-Lich, will you please spit some Imprisonments into my Spell Trap to memorize my Dragon's Breath for me? Thanks."
Old 11-28-2002, 07:47 PM   #17
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

you need 3 things for demi-lich bashing:
#1: KORGAN, because his berserk ability makes him immune to imprisonment
#2: a +4 weapon
#3: a demi-lich to whup up on