Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2003, 11:23 AM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

- Alright I'm going to try this again, I realize that my last attempt at making a Phantasy Star game went without proper explanation of things, so I'm going to try it now with my "2nd eddition" Phantasy Star Rule system, that will hopefully make more sence.

Alright this game will start on Ragoll but it will extend outward, don't worry I'll manage it... anyway... all we need now are players to begin submitting characters

Alright so here's the sheet i need you to fill out to become a character:

Here's a Character sheet if you want to fill it out on paper, too

Name:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:
Outfit Color:
Class*:
Race**:
Starting Weapon: (Club, Saber, or Handgun)
Meseta (money): 500 is starting cash
Mag Color:
Now Split 900 Points between:
STR:
DEX:
MIND:
DEF:
EVP:

Take the first two digits of your MIND to get your TP, and I'll figure your HP based on class
HP:
TP:
And That's it! (remember that androids have no TP or HP)

*Forces- Magic / Hunters- Stabbing/ Rangers - Shooting
** Newearls - Cat-Elf Folk = More Magic less STR
** Humans - More STR = less Magic
** Androids - NO Magic = Tons of STR
- It should also be noted that it isn't possible to be a Force and an Android

-------Rules for Beginners--------

Alright, this game is balanced between three classes and three races: There are hunters who lead the pack and hack and slash with lightsabers and huge swords, then there are rangers who tend to hold the enemies back from a distance, then there are forces who specialize in not only healing and improving everyones abilities but also casting powerfull spells of destruction too.

Weapons:

Hunters can use:
Swords
Double Sabers
Sabers
Handguns
Machineguns
Partisans
Daggers
Frames
Armor
Barriers
Heavy Sheilds

Rangers can use:
Shotguns
Double Sabers
Sabers
Handguns
Machineguns
Partisans
Rifles
Frames
Armor
Barriers
Heavy Sheilds

Forces can use:
Wands
Double Sabers
Sabers
Handguns
Machineguns
Clubs
Polearms
Frames
Barriers

All Three can also use Unique items and mags, but all items, including rare items will fall under the above categories though they may have differint names.

Armor: Frames are like light armor and Barriers are like light Sheilds, just so you know, Some armors can have SLOTS on them, in these slots you can put special booster items like "GOD/BATTLE" that will increase your reaction times and speed on the battlefeild

It should also be noted that Weapons and armor not only increase your strenghte but they also increase other stats as well, like defense, magic, etc...

MAGS

Mags are items which each person starts with
A Mags level is just as important as a person's level
In order to gain higher stats without leveling up,
one must feed their mag.

To feed a mag you must use one of your health items
like monomate, dimate, trimate, star atomizors, moon atomizors, trifluids, difluids, and monofluids.

Mags have differint taits, so try a differint healing item for a differint desired effect.

Androids don't need the MIND scores on their mags put up as they don't have any MIND power.

Mags Evoulve and Gain Special Abilities called Photon Blasts that Aid you In Combat When they Reach a "Limit Break" like in final fantasy, or a Capcom Fighting game. You get hit/hit your oponents enough and the bar charges up to do a "PB"

Certain Mags do Certain PBs, and some mags are rare, just like some weapons can be rare.

The Mags have 4 Stats to fill when they are "fed" healing items.

DEF:
INT:
STR:
DEX:

These stats will directly affect your stats too, for every mag stat point there is one or two points for you.

THE MAGS WILL TELL YOU WHEN THEY ARE HUNGRY! Do not attempt feeding mags when they are not hungry.

Combat and stats

Combat isn't turn based, infact it's rather first come first attack, monsters really dominate unless you're stronger than them, EVP determines how well you can dodge attacks, DEF determines how much damage you're going to take when you get hit, HP is the limit of your damage in all, it's your health bar. TP is your Magical Energy (not applicable for androids though) STR determines how hard you hit them while DEX determines how accuratley. All Stats max at 1999 though this number is nearly impossible to obtain. Some race/class combinations will get higher points than others.

The World

The world is split up into Stations, Space Stations that is, which orbit the planet Ragol, the main station is the PIONEER 2, which came to ragoll in an attempt at colonizing the planet, well let's just say some things went awry with Pioneer 1 and they also tried to act as a bit of a rescue mission, well their attempts, though futile, are still recorded in the history books should you want to read them. Each station is set up like so:

There is a health items shop, a weapons shop, an armor/equipable items shop, a Bank, A Medical Center, A Warp gate, a computer linkup, and an observation deck (where Telepipes appear)

The Shops: You buy stuff at the shops for Money which you'll find on ragoll called "MESETA" or just "M"

The Medical Center: If you die on ragoll you can either wait to be revived by a magical spell, a moon atomizor, or just warp directly to the center, every time you die, however, your weapon and your collected mesta is dropped, allowing other players to pick them up if they desire

The Bank: This little place holds tons of items Any items you want held, infact...

Communications Center: Not really important, you can use these terminals to gain more information on anything you want via the informationmegawarpway (or BEE for short) you can also check E-mail and stuff

The Warp gate: This will usually take you to either more gates, or a place of authority, some areas have 2 gates, one leading to the boss, one leading to the planet.

The Observation deck: This is a place that gives you a nice view of the city/space and it's also where all telepipes appear. For more information on telepipes see below:

Items
Outside of weapons,
PSO is accompany to many strange items

In your inventory you can hold a maximum of 30 of each of these items.

OH and androids can't use fluids... but they can hold them

Here's a list of items and what they do.

Monomate: Heals 50 Points of HP
Dimate: Healts 200 Points
Trimate: Full Heal no matter what
Star Atomizor: Fully Heals Your Party
Moon Atomizor: Revives a fallen Comrade
Sol Atomizor: Cures harmfull effects
Antiparalysis: Cures Paralysis
AntiVenom: Cures poison
Monofluid: Refills 50 poitns of TP
DiFluid: Refills 200 TP
Trifluid: Refills all TP
Telepipe: Creates a portal binding the location on the planet with the observation deck, it can be traveled through by all players until the creator returns via the pipe.
Materials: STR, DEX, EVP, INT, HP, TP Devices that booste the state PERMANENTLY by 2 points. Can only be used once. They are fairly rare to find.
Technique Disks: Used to learn Spells (see below)

All these items can be bought at the store on deck

Special Effects
Getting Poisoned: Only happens to non-androids, Will occur when struck by an oponent that gives poison or venom
Getting Electrocuted: only happens to androids when struck by lightening or electrical magic
Paralysis: Only happens to non-androids, will keep you from being able to attack or use items

To Cure These Ailments:

Use anti-paralysis to cure paralysis,
use anti-venom to cure poisoning,
or use a Sol atomizor which can cure both
The Spell "ANTI" can also be cast to cure them.

Magical Spells (Techniques)
To get techniques you must learn them via disk
Disks are commonly dropped on Ragol
To use a disk you must be of the proper level in magic, once you develop the skill it stays forever, heres a list of Magical spells (oh and all spells use up TP) :

Foie: A fireball

GiFoie: A circle of Fire

RaFoie: Nukes the oponent

Zonde: A bolt of lightening

GiZonde: A bolt that hits multiple oponents

RaZonde: A ring of lightening

Barta: A stream of ice that can hit things in a line

GiBarta: A freezing wave spell

RaBarta: A circle of freezing death

Grants: Strikes oponent with holy light beams

Megid: Causes instant death to oponent

Reverser: Revives a downed comrade by turning back time

Jellen: Weakens oponents defense

Zalure: Weapons oponents Strenghte

Anti: Cures poisoning and negative effects

Resta: Heals Party

Shifta: Increases Party's STR and DEX temporarily

Deband: Increases Party's DEF and EVP temporarily

These spells all go up to level 30, FOR FORCES ONLY, hunters and rangers only get these spells up to 15, unless you're female then they can go up to 20.

Revive can't go up but one level, anti only has 7 levels, and those are the only exceptions, all spells increase as the level gets higher. A spell and its level are normally listed as: Grants1 or Megid30 as examples

A Note to beginners: Your mag is just a MAG level 5 to Defense from the begining and nothing more. You can find more mags later and even raise multiple mags if you like, but for now you just have a jellybean-shaped mag with a little yellow eye

For the Photon Blast Bar: Everytiem you are knocked down or get hit by a monster's critical roll, OR you give a critical hit to the monster or knock them down, you must fill in one section of that bar, once it's fully filled, your mag is ready to do the photon blast you only will get photon blasts when your mag levels up to 18, it then will evoulve into what the DM describes and will give you a rolled PB. Some PBs do have better effects than others you know, PBs are perscribed to mags by the DM every 18-30 levels until they have acheived level 200. Remember that your STR, DEX, MIND and DEF are all determined by your mags so feed them items that help certain aspects, for example, monomates give mags STR, and Monofluids give mags MIND. It's all up to you to take care of your mags, and you can only feed them 3 times per round, and you can't feed them again until every player has posted at least once.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:21 PM   #2
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

I'll give this a shot, hows this look? Im prolly missing quite a bit, but this is what I could glean from the rules.

Name: Talin Shield
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 180
Eye Color: Gray
Hair Color: Gray
Outfit Color: Gray
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
Starting Weapon: Handgun
Meseta: 500
Mag Color: Gray
STR: 200
DEX:250
MIND:50
DEF:200
EVP:200
the sauceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 08:05 PM   #3
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

DUDE!! I'm in. I love this game [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Name:Thalali
Height:5'10
Weight:130
Eye Color:Blood red
Hair Color:Blood red
Outfit Color:Blood red
Class:Hunter
Race:Human
Starting Weapon:Saber
Meseta: 500
Mag Color:Blood red
Hp: Tp:10
STR:300
DEX:200
MIND:100
DEF:200
EVP:100

Hope I got this right [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2003, 12:33 AM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Wow a grey RaMar and a red HuMar... an interesting team so far... Your guys HPs are 18 (ranger) and 20 (hunter) by the way [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2003, 12:51 AM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

It's been a good 3 months since the disaster...

You still can remember the screams over the radios being tuned into by all of the people of the pioneer stations as they first made radio contact, speaking freely thousands of voices chiming in, and all at once, thousands of voices went silent... A huge shockwave rocked the planet Ragol, and it fell deathly silent, all activity was at a standstill. The Military kept sending down men, and none came back up, it was only the most daring, willing to go freelance, who made it anywhere... These are the stories of those freelancers, refered to as "Hunters, Rangers, and Forces" The Creme of the Crop of Androids, Humans, and Neitypes the universe had ever seen, and their trials and tribulations that went into colonizing worlds which were deemed fit for civilization.

Enter Thalali:

A young man, clad in a blood red body suit, with thick armor around his shoulders and a medium plate over his arm, he stepped out of his hotel room and looked out at the horizon. It was black, thick with smog and skyless save for a few distant stars and the lights of other buildings and billboards. The air-streets weren't busy, an occasional hovercar would zip by making a loud noise but nothing too grand. Thalali knew that today was the day that people from his prefacture would be eligable to sign up for the hunters guild. Leaving his small apartment behind him, the door closed automatically while making a smoothe swishing sound, a teleporter toward the main catwalk lay before him... he hesitated for a moment... was he truley ready to go on with this? Was he willing to risk his life, and everything he knew, to investigate the happenings of Ragol and gain riches of information, experience, and treasure, the likes of which his immagination could barley fathom, or would he lose more than he had ever thought in the process... Now was the time for him to decide. The threshold between nowhere and somewhere lay before him, and it was his choice to proceed or not...

"Talin Shield..."

"could you repeat that again for the computers?"

"My name is Talin Shield! Don't you forget it!"

"alright sir we've got your rangers liscense right here, you have the right to bear small firearms, I assume you have been supplied with your handgun? Good, now here, take this small device. Doctor montague has ordered that no one leave the station without one."

A Jelly-bean like device slid out of the scantly clad desk-clerks hand and into the grey-dressed ranger. His armor thick, surrounding the back of his head and kneck to protect form projectiles, everything but his knees and down encased in rugged armor, with a small barrier on his right hand, and now this weird jellybean thingy. It opened a small metalic yellow lens, and stared at him for a bit, it gave a playfull sqeek and buzzed around his head.

"Whoah what is this thing?"

"This sir is a mag..."

"A what?"

"A mag... It's a tiny creatue that aids you in the feilds of combat, this one comes prefabricated with a level 5 booste to your defenses, it's not much, but it can grow and change by assimilating food you feed it. Why, feeding it just 3 more things should get it to change into something else which can aid you further."

"I don't get it? So is it a pet? or a weapon?"

"Something like both, though I recomend you use your gun for fighting and save the mag for 'special occasions' you'll eventually figure it out later... right now I'm assuming you're ready and raring to get down to the planet's surface, eh?"

She blinked her blue eyes, her reflective blonde hair flowing down past her... err RIGHT remember not to stare...

She eyed Talin a bit oddly and then gave a deep sigh, used to that sort of thing by now, just part of the guild clerk's job... Aaanyway...

Talin turned his head to the left and saw a gigantic window, beyond it the planet ragol, fairly Earth-like in appearance, with a few continents spread about and far-off isolated islands, it seemed like a vast area for exploration, too visible was a large crater, where the pioneer 1 had landed. The pioneer 2 had been forced into an orbit now... beside the window was a teleporter which could take him to some social lobbies and his apartment, beyond it, the main catwalk, which was busy with hunters, rangers, and forces, frollicking to and fro, purchasing items, laying down telepipes, going to the bank, and steppng through a large set of doors which lead to the great teleportation unit, capable of sending any number of people to any place, miles away fromt he ship, including down to the planet, basically anywhere where a pod was assembled and ready for use...

Talin's heart was a flutter with exitement... he'd almost forgotten the Clerk's cold stare...

"HEY WAKE UP DAYDREAMER!"

"oh uh sorry!"

"there's a long line ya' know! now listen up!" She shouted at him, "You can either head on down to the surface and start exploring or you can sign up for a job with the guild, you're always welcome to come back here, we've got many people who are willing to pay good money to find out just whats up on Ragol right now, though many of them are incapable of going down there themselves, you, however, are able to do such things, and that's why I strongly recomend you do so... Capeesh?"
/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 03:19 PM   #6
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

OOC: can you guess my favorite color> [img]tongue.gif[/img]

IC: Thalali took a deep breath and stepped through the teleporter. This was his chance to make something of himself. He had always been yelled at by his parents for his worthlessness. He was going to prove them wrong and be the greatest hunter ever!
Old 05-13-2003, 07:13 PM   #7
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

OOC: Can you guess MY favorite color? lol

IC: Glancing at the stange "Mag" buzzing around his head, Talin thought, Man, gonna have to get used to this thing. Although, it does have a good sense of style...
Snapping out of it, Talin sidled up to the beautiful clerk, "Well then, Miss, it is Miss...Right? I guess I had better take your wise suggestion, and sign up for a job. What have you got for me?"

[ 05-13-2003, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: the sauceman ]
Old 05-13-2003, 11:06 PM   #8
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Well we've got a job with a lady who says her husband went down and never came back up, she's now looking for him, I suggest you get a traveling companion though before you leave... hoo boy that guy over there's a real hottie... ERR DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD! she blusehd and covered her mouth, suddenly she noticed the man she was speaking off was walking toward her booth, clad in nothing but Blood red... "He's like a walking rose bed!" she muffled quietly to herself...

"excuse me... ma'am? I'm here to sign up with the hunters guild..."

"YOU ARE!? But you'll get your bodaciouse self kil-eRRR I MEAN welcome aboad hunter! HEre take this!"

A saber was planted firmly in his hand, the clerk giggled a bit and then pulled out a small device from her back pocket, unlike the normal grey mag the ranger had been handed, he was given a bright red mag with a glowing green eye, it winked at him and buzzed around his shoulders, chirping...

"This is a mag... You feed it items to make it stronger yada-yada I'm sure you can read the brocure just go on and get out of here both of you! I've got to file my nails!"

Just as the two turned around a short, tubby man seamed to appear out of nowhere, his helmet was so large that is masked his face.

"Greetings Fellow Explorers!" he said almost too positivley, as if ignoring the recent tragety all together. He hummed and as he skipped about, talked to some science officers and then walked out the door toward the main transporter.

He was quite the odd type indeed...

Suddenly both Hunter and Rangers' beepers went off, the answered simultanously, "yes?"

"Greetings sir!" both messages spoke "Welcome to the Hunters guild! We welcome you and your abilities to part of the team of freelance explorers, warriors, and scientists, we strongly recomend you accept this first job and attempt to complete it ASAP. Your first objective is quite simple really, all you need do is teleport down to the planet RAGOL, down there I have planted a beakon, this message comes with a special software allowing you to track it, upon reaching the beakon you'll find me and my Loyal android who will assist you in searching for my lost hubby! Got that? good... Now get on down here!" *click*

The two figures looked at eachother breifly, then turned away, ignoring eachother's presence at first, they then continued to the teleporter.

Two armed guards guarded the portal with menacing force, they raised their weapons at the hunter and ranger.

"EXCUSE US! but you have not been apointed section IDs from the principal yet! it is best you go to visit him before we can allow you down. Anybody can be a hunter, but it takes a special person to be allowed on Ragol! it takes the Principals consent! If you want to get to him he's just through that portal next to the medical center... now go on and enjoy the rest of your shopping unless you plan to ACTUALLY get down to ragol..."

The portal next to the medical center was made up of many glowing rings... beyond it... the pathway to the top of the central tower dome, the home of the greatest minds of Pioneer 2, collectivley entranced in thought, plotting, planning, and organizing all of the happenings of the over-populated Pioneer domed city below, along with all of the other external pilgrim craft which were now riding piggyback... this only caused a greater influx of the population and wasn't making anything better for the housing situation...

The two warriors had yet another choice ahead of them... this was it... were they going to speak to the head of the operation, or chicken out...?
Old 05-14-2003, 11:04 AM   #9
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

Not at all phased by the clerk's lack of interest, Talin turned to his new partner. "I need to get some medical supplies, and then Im going to the Principal. Im not one to back down from a challenge." Saying that, the young Ranger headed for the medical center, pretty sure that the Hunter would go to see the Principal as well...
Old 05-14-2003, 06:16 PM   #10
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

OOC: Hey DeathKiller what type of anime do you like to watch? I'm kinda an anime junkie myself [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"I'll go get some medical supplies too," Thalali said,"Just to make sure you don't chicken out." Thalali put a smirk on his face just to show Talin he was just joking.