Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-24-2005, 04:13 AM   #41
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by machinehead:
Lol, thank you Aelia. My wife (the pretty lady) also thanks you for the gift certificate since she loves to shop and I don't. We will enjoy the cruise, we've never been to the Carribean. The picture in my profile is old. My oldest daughter - the dear little child - turns 21 this spring.
ROFL - see?? Man of mystery!! I have to say, I did think that either your date of birth was wrong or you were exceedingly well-preserved judging by the pic [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Thank you, Kyrvias!! I hope there aren't too many places Tuppy can hide in that castle though - I have enough trouble finding her in a two bedroom unit! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bighug.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2005, 11:43 AM   #42
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Merry Christmas T-D-C

(I was going to build you a psycho desktop computer, but you can only use that when you are at home, so here is the alternative)

You find a small box under your tree Christmas morning, it doesn't seem especially noteworthy, it’s not even large or heavy, and as you open it you see…

It looks like a playstation portable in the sense that is it is wide screen, but is more like a PDA in the sense that you can use it with a stylus, and does more than a psp.

It's raw hardware specs
Quad parallel quad-core 10Ghz 64bit processors
10gig quad channel ecc ddr3 ram at 3200mhz
quad sli graphics solution each with dual core 3ghz processor and 2 gig ddr3 ram
100tb static storage with a transfer rate of over 10gig/s

You may notice that is has a slide out numeric keypad at the base of the unit, yes this device is capable of making (and receiving phone calls), and is capable of data communications, meaning you can view web pages on it that display in XHTML and all it's variants not WML. The phone system is tri band GSM, and CDMA for use in Australia, along with an inbuilt firmware flash utility to enable the immensely powerful radio receiver to be updated even if these standards change. The stylus has a holder on the right of the unit, slightly to the left of this is a rather thick omni-directional antenna, this is for use if you are out of range, to use a satellite phone function, GPS function, or when selected in the software to reach normally out of range wireless networks. This antenna can also receive other satellite transmissions, such as satellite television and radio (the installed software is probably illegal in that it allows you to view even encrypted signals such as subscription based satellite television). Normal free to air television and radio can also be received along with all digital signals.

You may also notice a strange looking piece of glass near where the keypad slides out, this is a holographic keyboard, the best way of using this is to slide out the stand on the back, and press the button on the front near the bottom that looks like a picture of a keyboard, all you have to do is press where the holographic keyboard buttons appear, the sensor will detect the distance of your fingers and the appropriate key will be pressed, this is completely silent and is a fully functional keyboard, software is also installed to allow you to change the holographic colour scheme of the keyboard.

There is a dual infra red port on the top of the unit (allowing it to both communicate with computers through a standard IrDA diode and act as a universal remote control), and it supports Bluetooth, and all wireless standards, even the new 102.11n standard (which is proposed at being near 10 times faster than 802.11g).

The device has a flick out rj45 port which when retracted is completely flush with the unit (and a rj11 port for maximum effectiveness). There are four usb ports and a firewire a and a firewire b port along with a 3.5mm headphone jack and stereo mic jack, along with optical in and out on the top of the unit, with sliding covers over all of these ports. You can use a wireless mouse with it, but you won't need to plug anything in because it has inbuilt infrared capable of communicating with all infrared devices.

The unit can play back any format known to man, and can record in any of these formats via it's inbuilt 10 mega pixel camera and mic. The speakers are manufactured by Bose, and simulate the effect of surround sound with incredible volume and Hi fidelity, greater than that of traditional floor speakers.

Pressing the button on the right side of the unit will cause something resembling a stick with a cd clip in the centre and four lasers that are blu ray compatible to pop out, cd reading is difficult and portability is a major concern, so when a disc is clipped into place, it will begin to spin automatically without any shielding while it is being automatically imaged to the device's internal memory so you don't have to bother with it leaving it in place, due to the high bandwidth quad laser technology this process takes under 5 seconds for a 20gig blue ray dvd and less for other formats.

On the left is a bottle opener, a flick knife, a torch, a refillable electric start lighter, and of course a cheese greater.

This is all powered by your choice of battery (both come with the device) one a new technology that allows the device to last under normal conditions for 3 days of constant use, and the other a refillable hydrogen fuel cell.

You also get free internet access and unlimited downloads at the maximum capable speed available by any connection you choose, for the life of the unit, which could be a while considering it is made from titanium alloy, and even it’s screen is effectively bulletproof.

(it also comes with Norton antivirus and never winter nights preinstalled and ironworks bookmarked)

Some of that may be hard to follow so roughly it looks like this:
Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:21 PM   #43
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Greasel:
A rift in the time-space continuum!
Wow!
that is amazing!
I would love to live there, it all sounds so beautiful and customisable!
A relaxing world of islands with some of the most spectacular sky scenery imaginable.
The portal is really cool too, and I love that everything has great names, I am terrible at deciding on names for things.

Thankyou Iron Greasel, that is a really thoughtful and imaginative gift.
Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:44 PM   #44
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Glad you liked it, Sir Goulum! Hehe.. with that machine you can make a whole lotta popcorn, I think!
And I don't have to spend half an hour each day cleaning it!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:35 PM   #45
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

WOW Intrepid that is a FANTASTIC present. Thanks for that man!
Old 12-25-2005, 12:10 AM   #46
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Merry Christmas Kyrvias

Seeing as how you don't post much about yourself, I had a bit of a hard time finding something for you, so I decided to get you a few things everyone would love.....

First of all, a set of gloves that can tell what destination you are thinking of and allow you to rip open the dimensional fabric around you and create a "hole" that opens at your destination!

Second of all, I noticed you enjoy your medievil combat, well those Kobalds and undead won't stand a chance against you when your piloting this!!

So have a merry christmas!
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 03:39 PM   #47
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Man, I can't wait to take that for a test drive! Couple that with my new special gloves, and I could loot over 120 dungeons in record time!

Thanks!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 08:29 PM   #48
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

!!!!!!!!!!!DRAKILOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (yes I am Over excessivly using exlamation marks.. since I don't know how to do all the fancy font/colour things....)

For your gaming experience I present you! The INVISIBILITY CLOAK!!! (so that you may play for hours and hours more, w/o being disturbed...Or even NOTICED) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But that's not all!! What good is an invisibility cloak for playing games (baldur's gate?) without a Nice NICE Monitor?

But then again with a monitor like that... why would you want to hide [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

MErry christmas
Spirits Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 03:30 PM   #49
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Well, as far as I can tell everyone has given their presents! Thanks so much guys for participating once again and coming up with so many imaginative and thoughtful pressies [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2005, 05:13 PM   #50
dplax
Jack Burton

And thanks to you, Aelia for having organized it all, yet again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote