Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-15-2001, 06:42 PM   #1
Starkiller
The Magister

Am I the only one who had to take Sir Sarles, that poor sculptor apart to get the mace of disruption +2? I mean, I wanted to complete his quest and get the mace, and this seemed the only way to get more illithium since I found out about the mace after I had given it to him. Is there another way? It seems odd that to get such a holy weapon you should have to commit an act that drops your rep by 10! Oh well, I let Edwin do the deed alone, it stopped his complaining for a while

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-15-2001, 06:55 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Umm, all i did was give Sir Sarles the fake Illithium, keep the real stuff to myself and then get Cromwell to fuse the mace of disruption+1 and the illithium together to get the mace +2.

------------------
Old 08-15-2001, 07:12 PM   #3
Desuma_Malevois

You have to make sure you don't have the real illithium on you when you try to pass the fake to Sarles; otherwise, the game automatically gives the real stuff to him.

Old 08-16-2001, 12:47 AM   #4
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

pretty sure you get less exp for giving him the fake illithium.. but I guess its no big deal in the larger picture: if you get the +2 mace of disruption early on in the game, the undead/vampire areas become alot easier.
Old 08-16-2001, 11:11 AM   #5
Vampire

Errr. the fakes don't work
Old 08-16-2001, 11:58 AM   #6
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

well, it is true that the fake stuff does not pass muster with sarles, but if you take the fake to the temple after Sarles rejects it, the high priest there is still happy with it, and seems to think it is abstract art.

the trick, as was said, is to get both real and fake illithium and only have the fake stuff on you (i dropped the real stuff right outside the door and left minsc and boo (who "stand ready", im often told) to guard it.

It was still there, a few minutes later when I left. BUT I would warn you not to leave stuff around all over the place, especially if you'll still need it later. I left the gesen bow shaft and the pommel jewel of the equalizer on the floor in Cromwell's forge, along with the illithium, cause I was sick of hauling it all around.

But when I came back a few days later with the mace of disruption, so Cromwell could upgrade it, the illithium was still there, as was the crom faer scroll, but the pommel jewel and the bowshaft of gesen were not.

So either cromwell kicked them under the table and Ill have to find them (unlikely), or Im shit out of luck, OR shadowkeeper gets a quick little workout when I get back from the Underdark....

Old 08-16-2001, 12:48 PM   #7
Jake
Banned User

Well the trick is... to put it in a container, Npc's grab stuff, just like in the real world, if you leave a Jewel on the ground what do you expect will come of it, eh?

------------------
Old 08-16-2001, 01:20 PM   #8
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Well the trick is... to put it in a container, Npc's grab stuff, just like in the real world, if you leave a Jewel on the ground what do you expect will come of it, eh?

yeah. i learned that the hard way. it was dumb, I know.
Old 08-17-2001, 07:14 AM   #9
Wizard of the Dribble
Elite Waterdeep Guard

how do i get real illitium? i did the sir sarles thing by using the fake illithium, but i have the mace of disruption. can i still take this to cromwell to get it sorted?