Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-21-2001, 07:55 PM   #1
DragonEdge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Honestly, I'm gonna go for the one character only strategy and play BGII all the way through....How tough is it?

Another fun question... What is the toughest charecter you have ever played?
whether it's from BG, IWD, BGII, PnP.. maybe toughest character you have played against!???
Old 07-21-2001, 08:13 PM   #2
Jake
Banned User

Pnp?
Old 07-21-2001, 08:26 PM   #3
DragonEdge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Pnp.... pen and paper...original Advanced Dungeons and Dragon's
Old 07-22-2001, 04:16 AM   #4
Lifetime
Red Dragon

The Nameless One in PST was pretty tough. You couldnt die permanently till the end

------------------
Why?
Old 07-22-2001, 03:49 PM   #5
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

I have to say that kobold in irenicus's dungeon really got to me.

No seriously I would say that the hardest would have to be Irenicus,
Old 07-22-2001, 04:22 PM   #6
dragonslayer
Manshoon

Nameless One

25 str
25 con
25 dex

Invincible
Old 08-16-2001, 03:51 PM   #7
Tuor
Elminster

My toughest ever PnP character was a paladin, he was about 20th level if I remember right and managed to survive just about anything that got thrown at him.

his stats were not that great I think they were
Str: 18/14
Con: 12
Dex: 14
Int: 13
Wis: 16
Cha: 18

I was only allowed 10 magical items because of my class but I had:
-a stone fused into my skin which gave me +1 level and allowed me to breath irrespective of the environment
-a helm which had glasses of petrification 'added to them'
-+3 two handed sword
-+6 Holy Avenger two handed sword
-+3 silver dragon plate-the scales were gifted to me by a friendly silver dragon I helped out
-a bastard sword I got from the bottom of a lake which was +1 damage but had healing spells while equipped
-a +3 hammer which could cast lightning bolt three times a day.
-Girdle of Frost giant strength
-Ring of spell reflection (roll d10 add the number to your save against spells ad reflect 10x the number rolled per cent of the spell back at the casting mage)
-ring of fire elemental summoning (a 16HD fire elemental twice a day for 10 minutes gifted to me by my church for ridding the world of a demon prince) my fire elemental was called Dave.

During my travels I also picked up numerous potions (because they didn't count towards my magical item limit after they were drunk) so I ended up with 20 con and 18 dex from the relevant potions there and I was also blessed so my Charisma went up to 20.

It took the best part of 5 years to get the character up to level 20 and because of his class he always had to ensure his companions were OK before he was, so he was last in line for healing, climbing ropes to escape hordes of undead etc etc

He endured betrayal by his younger jealous mage brother, finally forgiving him after a chase across three continents and the deaths of several of the paladins friends.

I lost count of the times he held the passageway against monsters trying to get at the badly wounded party members each time being rescued in the nick of time.

He got badly mauled and lost an eye and three fingers against a vampire count and his minions who had seized control of a seaport and planned to take over much of the world. the undead cult was eventually condemned to the hells.

He tracked down and brought to justice the leader of a large army of bandits who had been terrorising large tracks of countryside-again received several scars from that.

He finally died after a titantic battle with evil clerics a undead dragon and a lot of devil type creatures who were trying to open a rift to the 666th plane of hell. They suceeded three of our party of five were unconscious and dying (all the characters were at least 16th level) leaving the cleric and me standing, we needed the mage to close the portal, the demon hordes were fast approahing the opposite side of the rift so I had to hold them off by jumping through the rift while the mage was resurrected and could do the necessary spell to seal the portal. I got trapped. (not best pleased but hey you have to play like that if you are a paladin or you're not embracing the class properly.)
Old 08-16-2001, 08:20 PM   #8
oldbittercraig
Elminster

good story... best PNP I have is a Ranger 5- Fighter 11.

the character- the groups brick in a "Less talk, more rock" campaign is grand master (5 stars in SoA) with the Bastard Sword and has a Bastard Sword +3/+6 vs. evil that wields as though it were a Short Sword (a la the sun sword), making my character a dynamo.

I've actually dropped a Hill Giant (my racial enemy) in one round before.

Also, thanks to D&D 2.5 skills & powers options, I've also got 22% magic resistance (2%/lvl).

Fun character to play- his personality matches his combat prowess making him as much fun at the bar as in battle.

Old 08-16-2001, 08:33 PM   #9
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonEdge:
Honestly, I'm gonna go for the one character only strategy and play BGII all the way through....How tough is it?
Don't think you'll make it. Not so much because you couldn't handle the fights (which I also doubt), but much more about every articles which will overwelme you, so much things to collect. Anyway, what would be the point since the game is meant to enjoy the stories within the stories with the caracters talking to each others? I'd command you for making it, but it'd be a very lonely venture. Although, at least you'd never get the "caracter-to-path" dumb 1 second delay to find path or go all over the map just to arrive to Point B. I mean, what's with that anyway? 1 full second and if path is blocked, WHAM! caracter backs away (eventhough someone was passing in front of them and path is unblocked a second later) and will go all over the map (more often jumping into trouble). This is, by far, one of the most anoying problem with BGII.
Old 08-17-2001, 07:49 AM   #10
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

...which leads to the most enjoyable phrase ever heard in adventure games, "you must gather some berries before venturing north"....

anyway there is a lot written on sologames, but i reckon they would be boring....