Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-20-2001, 11:45 AM   #1
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I was hoping one of you computer types might know or could find reference for me a way to read the romance scripts. I've played BGII bunches(bunches) and I'll continue to play, but I want to see what would be said if I were to make "the other choice" in the conversation. Plus I probably won't play Viconia all the way though, and I'm curious. So what I'm looking for is a way to read the scripts without replaying BGII 38 more times to see what happens. Any ideas? Thanks.

------------------
and the flaming sword turning every way, guards the tree of life.
Old 03-20-2001, 12:54 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Use the Infinity Explorer and read through the dialog section under "bviconia". This will give you all the dialog threads (which can sometimes hit endless loops) but you can see which choices to make. All the NPC dialogs are there, in case you're interested in the other romances. It *is* possible to eventually sleep with Jaheira, Aerie, or Anomen (not just Viconia).

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.
Old 03-20-2001, 02:23 PM   #3
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

God, I would that all romances could be read ahead from the start. Isn't that kind of like slipping Viconia a roofie?

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-21-2001, 05:58 AM   #4
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Well, I didn't really intend to "spoil" my romances, but after going through the same one a few times, you kind'a wonder, "What if I told her to shut her fat mouth?" See, I would't do that (my gentlemanly nature and all), nonetheless, I'm curious.

By the way, HELP! I've posted this question elsewhere on another thread to which "use the Infinity Engine Explorer" was the answer. I'm afraid I've no idea what that might be, if it is included with my game in a subfolder or if I need to download it. If someone could point this helpless and ignorant(but not necessarily stupid, mind you)gamer to the nearest Infinity Explorer, it would be much appreciated.

------------------
and the flaming sword turning every way, guards the tree of life.
Old 03-21-2001, 07:08 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zateel:

By the way, HELP! I've posted this question elsewhere on another thread to which "use the Infinity Engine Explorer" was the answer. I'm afraid I've no idea what that might be, if it is included with my game in a subfolder or if I need to download it. If someone could point this helpless and ignorant(but not necessarily stupid, mind you)gamer to the nearest Infinity Explorer, it would be much appreciated.

Click on the Ironworks link at the top left hand corner of the site and go to BG2, then go to the Editors section to download InfExp. It's pretty self explanatory from there, come back if you need a hand.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-22-2001, 01:16 AM   #6
Aurum
Manshoon

I use first, Aerie, second, Jaheira, third. Viconia, but all die little after, bad luck, maybe?????

------------------
When The world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.