Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-12-2001, 01:06 AM   #1
Druadic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I thought the Naga was tough, but this little girlie is A MONSTER! Any ideas how to kill her without my guys getting thrown for a loop? I dodge and move and I even paralyze ALL of her subject and throw Face of Death at them to no avail. Man, this chick is tough!!!

PLEASE help! I've tried EVERYTHING!!! Man, she's getting on my NERVESSSSS!!!!

Thanks folks very much!!!

Druadic
Druadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 01:11 AM   #2
slug
Manshoon

i simply poked around the corner and targeted her with storm spells before she was even deemed hostile. i wasted the whole crew without a scratch and called it a piece of cake.

staying out of the room is the trick i think.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 01:13 AM   #3
Druadic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried that as well. She can find you so fast! Primarily I have to dispaych her minons before her or they cause more problems than she does. I do take a couple of pot shots at her with the pain spell and I also TRY to paralyze her. I think I'll have to try again. Man, she's a toughie!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 01:18 AM   #4
slug
Manshoon

i have had meteor storm and fire storm by the time i met her and i cant remember her living through one of each. i can't relate to trying to off her with pain and paralyze. sounds fun though.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 01:22 AM   #5
Druadic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Fun???? She's a real (nevermind)!!!!! She's a toughie! I can't figure this out! My Ranger has turned to stone and he's fine - but my Whiskas is not high enough. Figures. Maybe I'll run around some more and gain some levels.

Who knows; just trying to figure this stuff out. I just can't see how she is so tought to kill!!! The Naga was easy - poison me, turn and go into the hall with the closed door and heal myself. Go back and do more damage. Well, wish me luck!!!! Here I go!!!

Old 03-12-2001, 01:45 AM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Druadic: Run back up the stairs right before she starts casting at you. It's easier to take them out 1 by 1 in those narrow hallways. Use the L and R arrow keys to "strafe" out of the range of their attacks.

Hope it works! It's definitely one of the more hair-raising battles of the game.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:18 AM   #7
Morrak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

actually i had meteor shower and fire storm, but my fun spells is magma bomb... heh, it slike "here catch the pretty basketball" lol... i bounced about 4 - 5 off her head from up in the benches then cleaned house with her crew... fire storm on one set of them and melee the second set...
Morrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:46 AM   #8
carg
The Magister

I found that a burning haze in the entrance of the auditorium works great in stopping the priests and Elyssa from advancing to fast on you; and you can use it also to split them by throwing one on a priest behind the first ones.
You're probably better of trying to do damage to Elyssa then to try to disable her; she'll resist most of those spells anyway.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 12:25 PM   #9
Balgin
Elminster

Okay then, here's my way (party included a paladin, a warrior, a barbarian, a priest, a rogue and a wizard). I walked down into the auditorium and used the toad trick (bump into a NPC as if to push them back, as soon as they begin to be pushed move backwards and they'll follow you.I backed up on to the left hand raked seating area to about right next to where one of the priests would appear. She followed me, ranting all the while, and as she finished off I threw up an all out party bless, general armouring enchantments (the lvl 1 stone one below Armoured Realm), threw up Haste spells and Lure on the Warrior and the Barbarian because they where the toughest (back then)and got ready. As soon as the two rows of priests appeared I layed in to the nearest one whilst simultaneously casting that softening spell on Elyssa. Having worked my way through one row of priests I was back by the entrance and quite a few foes down. I fled turning left (this was all back in September/December so if I get a bit vague after this please forgive me). Backing up at the corner I began an all out party healing session. I then spent a lot of time running backwards and forwards between those two side tunnels to make blatant surprise attacks in the rear of her party(healing as I went). I only had to use two or three scrolls of life (they where only about 7th or 8th lvl, might have been nearer 9th actualy) and most of my potions. I relied on getting the cultists between her and me because monsters in this game don't get hurt by each others spells much (even if we get hurt by ours) but they do block them nicely. The priests can generally manage to cast poison bite past each other in those narrow passageways but as soon as you see her (or any of them for that matter) preparing to hurl another insect swarm duck around a corner because you'll need to heal up. Eventually you can get them down to her and maybe as many as two priests before you should even consider an attack (but if the oportunity arises don't ignore the chance to land a swift blow). In this manner you should be able to survive. It sounds like you're using a much higher level party than mine so you should be able to manage it.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 02:36 PM   #10
Druadic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Got her! She's dead meat now!!! He, he, he!!!

Thanks guys!!!!

Now onto the Castle!!!

Druadic