Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-22-2002, 12:39 AM   #1
Witherlain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

my main character is some level assasian and theres nothing good about him. he cant find traps/pick locks/disarm traps etc. the only thing hes good at is hiding in shadows and his backstab is 5x but i never use it. i want to dual class him but the option is not avaliable. is there a certain level i have to be at to dual class or is it just not avaliable to some characters?
and could someone tell me a good strategy for backstabbing since most of the time i just fight head on?
Witherlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 02:10 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Witherlain:
my main character is some level assasian and theres nothing good about him. he cant find traps/pick locks/disarm traps etc. the only thing hes good at is hiding in shadows and his backstab is 5x but i never use it. i want to dual class him but the option is not avaliable. is there a certain level i have to be at to dual class or is it just not avaliable to some characters?
and could someone tell me a good strategy for backstabbing since most of the time i just fight head on?
What an Assassin sacrifices in thieving skills, he/she makes it up for with combat skills. I have also noticed one thing.

You have failed to mention the Assassin's Poison Weapon ability.

Using a Tuigan Bow, an Assassin can inflict mortal harm on your enemies, because there is no save against the poison save immunity. This is when you prefer to go brawling head-on, and not use the subtle method of backstabbing.

Also, reconsider using a Thief as your main character if your playing style is one of brash melee. Using a Thief effectively requires patience, unless you just use him/her as a Trap-layer.

To Dual-class, you need to be Human. You need 15 DEX since you are a Thief-class, and 17 in the main stat of your secondary class. 17 STR for example, if you want to dual to a Fighter.

[ 06-22-2002, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 05:28 AM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

[quote]Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Quote:
[qb]To Dual-class, you need to be Human. You need 15 DEX since you are a Thief-class, and 17 in the main stat of your secondary class. 17 STR for example, if you want to dual to a Fighter.
Yup... And a 17 WIS for a cleric and a 17 INT for a mage. Mind you that you can't dual-class to another specialized kit, but only to a "normal" class. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2002, 05:42 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, and have I mentioned how deliciously fun it is to backstab a person with Poison Weapon activated?

Target: "I live! I... I... ah... ah... ..." *collapses and dies*
Old 06-22-2002, 02:35 PM   #5
Witherlain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

how would i raise certain stats to 17? with magical items or is their other ways?
Witherlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 02:39 PM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Oh, and have I mentioned how deliciously fun it is to backstab a person with Poison Weapon activated?

Target: "I live! I... I... ah... ah... ..." *collapses and dies*
No but you have now
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 02:48 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
how would i raise certain stats to 17? with magical items or is their other ways?
Generally, people set their stats at character creation. The game does allow for minor modifications though, but your best bet is set it correctly at character creation first.

Waits for the ch-... ~people~ who use SK, to suggest using SK... ... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2002, 02:52 PM   #8
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I didn't think you could dual or multi with the kits.......

If I find I do not like a particular class/kit, I have a tendency to abandon the game. I decided to try the WizardSlayer and he's been in the Underdark for about two months now waiting for my return to the game....... My opinion is that it might be better for the overall experience if you simply try a different char. For what it's worth.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:08 PM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
I didn't think you could dual or multi with the kits.......
You can dual from a valid kit.
You cannot dual to a kit.

All multiclasses do not have kits.

Hence the dualclassed Kensai->Mage.
Old 06-23-2002, 12:20 AM   #10
Maxamus
Manshoon

Hmmm,is it a good idea to duel to clerics, i was thinking of dualing my assasin to Cleric, since i want some more summoning spells(my party isn;t very tank effident with just Korgan)

and I don't want mage, cause mage wouldn't let me use armour (and I am loving my shadow armour)