Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2001, 08:09 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Warning, there MAY be some small BG2 Spoilers ahead.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The First of the Tales of CB about the Hardy Band of Adventurers.

You think you had a bad day? Well, let me tell you a little story about Storm, the Bard and her companions, Rhallick the Beserk and Perin Lighteyes, Archer with great hair . Seems they managed to escape the clutches of one Jon Irenicus by getting out of his dungeon ok, but ran into some small difficulties along the way.

Well, two days ago the intrepid Companions and their party were in a fierce battle with various critters and few mages, dwarves and assorted bad guys in the sewers of the temple district. In mid battle, Jaheira died. Our loyal band of adventurers dutifully carried her body and gear to the Temple of Lathander to ressurect her.

Storm and Rhallick were near the Statue of Lathander in the middle of the Temple when the world shakes a bit and they hear their pal Perin request the aid for Jaheira who is suddenly lying in near comatose state at the base of the statue. And though she is alive she isn't getting up! No, in fact, she's flopping like a fish out of water, and if they blink the miss how she flopped 20 ft away to appear lying on the walkway behind them! This happened for several minutes and Rhallick and Storm, to their eternal shame, laughed so hard tears fell from their eyes. Eventually, the good druid did stand up and go back adventuring.

(narrator's notes: GRAPHICS glitch of hysterical proportions! Rudy didn't see any of it, to him Jaheira was standing and taking her healing potions. To me and Sazarac she was flopping around the room like a fish out of water! Even after we exited the temple she appeared to be lying on the ground! OOPS, save and reload! She was normal after that, but Sazarac and Cloudy were gasping for oxygen at that point, having strained their lungs in laughing so hard. Cloudy was wiping her eyes and face with her sleeve, desparately trying to see well enough to type. One other glitch, as they left the wizard's lair after sending Haer Dalis back to the Five Flagons, Rudy saw Haer Dalis standing there with them where he obviously shouldn't be and neither Cloudy nor Saz saw him.)

CB

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-24-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 09:00 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Warning, there MAY be some small BG2 Spoilers ahead.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Second of the Tales of CB about the Hardy Band of Adventurers.

Last night, the hardy band of adventurers had made it into the planar prison and battled it's way to the very lair of the Thrall Master. A fierce battle was raging in the area just outside that villain's location and Storm looked up from her spell casting against an enemy mage. She felt intense heat and flame singe her. "Fireball!" She thought! "One of the Master of Thralls' pet mages is sending Fireballs at us! She could hear the pained cries and moans of her fellow adventures as wave after wave of flame hit. Five times the Fireballs raged against them! She quickly dispatched her enemies and looked for the mage. Anomen raced to Perin's side to administer healing. Perin was bravely shooting arrow after arrow at the remaining evil-doers but was barely alive. There was red everywhere. Perin scanned the area as the searing flames hit him over and over again. Where was that mage? Why couldn't he spot the flame throwing mage? The last two bad guys fell. No other was visible!

Just then Rhallick, limping and looking half the Beserk he normally was, shouted out "JAN!, it's JAN sending the fireballs!" Shocked the others asked Jan if this was so. Jan muttered a curse on turnips and turned to the assembled, incredibly singed party and admitted he'd mistaken the wand of fire for the wand of monster summoning! Storm held her Beserk and Archer companions back as she burst out laughing, "Jan, you are a neverending source of amazement to me! " "Well, at least I keep things lively" the gnome replied sheepishly.

***narrators notes: ROTFLMAO!!!!! We had a guest player last night. Slackerboy was Jan and boy oh boy, was it interesting! No, I'm no masochist, and being fried repeatedly isn't my idea of a great Saturday night date,either, but to see those simple words (it was Jan, he mistook the wand of fire for the wand of summoning) typed in after having so much FIRE came at us and we hadn't even lost a party member, it was pretty darned funny! Uh, I admit, my first thought was to squeeze Jan til he dripped turnip juice but the more I thought about it, the funnier it got.

Slackerboy had been trying to summon monsters to aid in Perin's fight, so the flames were centered right near Perin. I don't remember exactly how many hp poor old Archer-elf had but I didn't see anything other than red on that portrait! Needless to say, our guest was surprised that no monsters came to our aid! pssst..Slackerboy! You were a great sport and we had alot of fun!

Moments later, we had rested and destroyed the orb and headed for the Warden. Could we do it without getting killed? Not the first three or four times! And no small help in our early demises, was Anomen, who for some reason kept falling down holes into cells and bringing back lots of reinforcements....for the enemy!

By the way, Storm wishes to thank Rhallick for saving her when SHE fell into one of those cells and got knocked unconscious by a mage.

THIS is why I love playing multi-player games online! Crazy graphics glitches are fun in single games too, but you get so much more out of sharing the moment with someone! And battle mixups with spells or wands? Let me tell you the comments tossed around were priceless! And I haven't laughed so hard since....well since Jaheira flopped like a fish! LOL

Storm was in trouble in several battles and to be able yell for help, knowing one of your companions is going to come running, well, it's one fantastic feeling for this gamer! And when I can return the favor, it feels pretty good too. *warm fuzzy alert*

I love when then healing is done and my whole party is there, a bit the worse for wear, but alive and kicking and ready to move to the next adventure, wherever that may be!

AMN, we are here, and we are going to take you by 'STORM'!

CB

------------------

Storm-Queen

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-24-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 10:42 AM   #3
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Methinksyou'vebeenhittingthekegstohardm'lady.

That's gnomespeak. Decipher it and earn a brand spanking new nothing! =P

I used to multi ALOT. I have since only been involved in the occasional multi game. BG2 and IWD are the best multis, BG1 is more of a when you're sittin at home and PS:T has WAY to much dialog!

Anyhoot another good thing (imo) is when you attempt to formulate a plan, then when you get up there attempting it all goes to hell. The mage decides a firebal might kill them in one shot, not thinking to looksie up and see that you've got 34 hp and a fireball would gib you as well.

However the best thing is when you find a group of people who like roleplaying within te party. I had a group of five and we actually had inter-party squabbles. I play a NE assassin, a buddy of mine plays a CG ranger, there was also a LG paly, CN bard, CE invoker. Well being evil the mage and I decide to wreak havoc in the party. So whenever we see something we can kill without the whole world coming after us we do so. It all started in Umar hills. I started picking off squirrels, the ranger got ticked and came at me wielding his axes. After a short altercation we stopped and continued on the journey. later that day we found ourselves in the shadelord's dungeon. Combat was heavy and there it was, the ranger's spine, sticking out mocking me. I downed a potion of invis, walked up to the ranger, there is so much combat information they'll never notice i said. Slam with a slash from celestial fury we had one gibbed ranger on our hands. I quickly resumed fighting with the shadowdragon.

Next we had the shadelord. For some reason my magic using friend refused to fight the shadelord yet. Said something about he wanted to reset his spells(we had already rested once). Well the LG paladin already disliked the CE mage and told him to stuff it. The mage laughed and swore his revenge. We went up the stairs to fight the lord of shades. After a good minute or so the wizard has vanished...he is on the other side of the treeline and is casting fireballs on us.
Old 06-24-2001, 11:32 AM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

I havent laughed so hard in a long time. that was so much fun

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 06-24-2001, 12:44 PM   #5
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Perin keeps dying. Storms hits me with her WPA (widdle pink axe) or Jan tries to help me by summoning monsters and fire-balling me. They ask Perin to scout ahead, and when he's RIGHT NEXT to the enemy, Storm casts a defensive spell and alerts them, when I'm RIGHT NEXT to them. And, Perin is the "official" Storm Party Trap finder. No, Archers don't get a Find Traps ability, or spell (spell available later). They just send Perin away, into the trap, and watch eagerly.

Perin is taking his healing herbs now.

and, let's not forget Storms CloudKill spell.

------------------

The RudeDawg, Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
Old 06-24-2001, 01:00 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yah, right....uh huh... Perin got a wee bit too close to a nasty mage, and his er, rather , ahem, tiny ,intellect got confused! He wandered into the Cloudkill area on his own!

CB, the official bard of the Storm Party

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 06-24-2001, 01:08 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
Perin keeps dying. Storms hits me with her WPA (widdle pink axe) or Jan tries to help me by summoning monsters and fire-balling me.
Mmm-hmmm. And just WHO was shooting arrows into my Berserkr?

Great game, guys.

Old 06-24-2001, 05:44 PM   #8
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Mmm-hmmm. And just WHO was shooting arrows into my Berserkr?

Great game, guys.

Well, I must admit. Perin ain't the sharpest pencil in the box. (INT 9)
As an elf, he's immune to sleep, but as a dumb-ass, he's easily confused!

Sorry, Saz !!! Saz the 'Zerker !!!! TOUGH TANK !!!

------------------

The RudeDawg, Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 06-24-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 06:02 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Saz! You left tonight and the party went wild! Anomen atacked Perin, Storm attaccked Perin, Jan attacked....wait, there's a pattern there someplace....

Great game, indeed... How we killed that lich is a major mystery to me..but ok, he's gone and Daystar is OURS!!!

Trolls don't stand a chance!

CB

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 06-24-2001, 06:08 PM   #10
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

when did you guys play again?

------------------