Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-24-2001, 01:06 PM   #1
Charean
Hathor

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, who would like this $20 bill?

Hands started going up.

He said, I am going to give this to one of you, but first, let me do this.
He proceeded to crumple the bill up. He then asked, who still wants it?

Still the hands were up in the air. Well, he replied, what if I do this? He dropped it on the ground, and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty.

Now, who still wants it? Still hands went into the air.

My friends, you all have learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it, because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth 20 dollars. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that comes our way. We feel that we are worthless. But, no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value, dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who love you. The worth of our lives comes not in what we do, or who we know, but, by who we are. You are special. Don't ever forget it!! Always count your blessings, not your problems.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads
Old 06-24-2001, 01:16 PM   #2
Charean
Hathor

And for those who prefer Humor: (yes it is clean)

A first grade teacher was having trouble with one of her students. The
teacher asked, "Johnny, what is your problem?"

Johnny answered, "I’m too smart for the first grade. My sister is in the
third grade and I’m smarter than she is. I think i should be in the third
grade too!"

The teacher had had enough. She took Johnny to the principal's office. While
Johnny waited in the outer office, the teacher explained to the principal
what the situation was.

The principal told the teacher he would give the boy a test and if he failed
to answer any of his questions he was to go back to the first grade and
behave. The teacher agreed.

Johnny was brought in and the conditions were explained to him and he agrees
to take the test.

Principal "what is 3x3" Johnny "9"

Principal "what is 6x6" Johnny "36"

And so it went with every question the principal thought a third grader
should know. The principal looks at the teacher and tells her "I think Johnny
can go to the third grade"

The teacher says to the principal, "Let me ask him some questions? The
principal and Johnny agree.

The teacher: "What does a cow have four of that I have only two of?"
Johnny, "Legs"

Teacher: "What is in your pants that you have but I do not have?"
The principals' eyes open really wide and before he could stop the answer,
Johnny replied : “Pockets"

Teacher. "What does a dog do that a man steps into?"
Johnny. "Pants"

Teacher. "What word starts with an "f" and ends in "k" that means a lot of excitement?'
Johnny. "Firetruck"

The principal breathed a sigh of relief and told the teacher "Put Johnny in
the fifth grade, I missed the last four questions myself."

Old 06-24-2001, 02:53 PM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

These are great messages, Charean! Thank u so much for posting them. I hope many people read this.

------------------

Official teaser and ranger of the HADB Clan
"Evil round every corner...careful not to step in any."-Minsc
"Gimme a sword, I'll win this war for you!"-Mad Martigan
Old 06-24-2001, 03:02 PM   #4
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

HAHAHAHA, I'd be put BACK in third grade! Way back!

Thanks for those. Always appreciated!

"Too much knowledge is a dangerous thing!!"

------------------
Old 06-24-2001, 03:20 PM   #5
Moni

Amen to that first story Charean!
Thank you so much for posting it!

Moni

------------------

Old 08-11-2001, 12:46 AM   #6
Moni

This just looked like an appropriate thread for these thoughts...

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble, it's a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantement, it is as perrenial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Desiderata~Max Ehrmann 1927

------------------