Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-27-2000, 06:34 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I wonder how, if he does visit, he could resist responding to some of what goes on here.
So, do you believe that D.W. Bradley visits?
Do you believe there is a D.W. Bradley?

Wyv
Old 11-27-2000, 08:21 PM   #2
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Ukabu, why you believe in that there is no D.W. Bradley! You might just as well believe there is no Richard Garriot. They passed through the swamp long ago, and have not made talk since. They are gone, Ukabu! They have many sacks of yellow, and have forgotten of their friends who helped them get to their big castles and their swamps with much land. Ukabu, do not be like them! Help the toads, and remember your friends that give you strength. Ukabu needs toads. Toads need Ukabu!
Old 11-27-2000, 08:25 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

ROFL!!!!!!!!

Hey other Ukabu, why you not yahoodle when I yahoodle, eh?
Old 11-27-2000, 08:26 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Maybe little powwow in little toad village hut! You come, Ukabu, make good magic!!
Old 11-27-2000, 08:36 PM   #5
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Mendawa not know of this 'Yahoo" magic you speak of, Ukabu. Mendawa need ICQ. ICQ need Mendawa! good magic, ICQ, as Shinwicki say. Bad magic, yahoo! Toads need ICQ. ICQ need toads!
Old 11-27-2000, 09:12 PM   #6
Regis
Welcomed New User

Well, I've had some minor association with the type, so I can lend some insight...

When you're the developer, especially if you're the one writing the majority of the code, you really don't have time to read posts, no matter what the hype says. Most of your time is taken up with whatever project you're on. According to that post on the Heuristic Park board, D.W. and crew are already involved in their next project and have taken on making a patch for W&W on an unofficial, outside-normal-work-hours basis. This would naturally mean even less time to browse forums. I would suspect they have one or two people delegated to checking the Technical Forum for any new bugs, but that would be the limit of the time they could spare. Most of the problems we see here are game-related (read: Journeyman's Key), which can be handled by the players themselves, so I doubt you would see a reply by anyone officially connected to the game, even if they do manage to get here and read posts.
Old 11-27-2000, 09:42 PM   #7
xenotoca

I did see some posts on the VN W&W board puporting to come from one of the programmers of this game which implied that they had been laid off due to some problem that he did not specify and that DW himself finished writing the game.
Plus HP has there own board that has had some alleged programmers reply.
Without doubt Activision must take as much blame as HP as this game would have been up there with the greats with a little more care. I suspect part of the trouble is the size of the programs noe and the everchanging hardware. How long ago was it 3Dfx was the king of the heap now they are withdrawing from the video card market.

Old 11-27-2000, 10:06 PM   #8
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Well, 3dfx still seems king in my eyes.. in almost every game forum I go to , it's always "My Geforce crashes blah blah my TNT2 fails here blah blah".. when you have to load different version of drivers for each individual game, and then pray that it doesn't crash, what's the point? I'll stick with my trusty Voodoo 3. Viva la glide!
Old 11-27-2000, 10:14 PM   #9
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Please note I'm not trying to sound antagonistic here.. just remembering the experiences with my 3 friends with whom I usually play online games.. I am always ready to go, but they are almost always having to "reload detonator x.xxxx.xxxxxxx" before they can even try and play.. whereas I, with my voodoo, am always ready for action It may I am just lucky, and keep my system clean.... who knows?
Old 11-28-2000, 12:15 AM   #10
Lily the Ranger

Lily must clean out inventory. Lily must pen in journal before she gets badcase of keyboard envy because others stories bigger than hers. Lily must cook worgur burgers for Alaric, Dingal, Ravenna and Talon. Must rescue scrolls and leather boots from small evil white worger. Lily's AOL (arrogant, obtuse, lethargic) ball of clarity cooperate with her. Says, FAREWELL. Lily trying to learn ICQ magic (should have put more points on wisdom). Toad people lightened Lily's heart and make much shaking of body. Lily appreciate great feast. Start food fight. All go soak in hot bubbling mud. Throw ball of clarity in lake. Oops, Paladin might not like.