Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 08-17-2001, 03:44 PM   #1
DavidL
Dungeon Master

I've seen the term Avatar used in several posts. I can't figure out by the context exactly what it is... What is an Avatar character?

Secondly, while playing, I have attempted to turn undead, but without success. Do I just have to turn on hte "little skull" or do I have to make an attack of some kind?

Lastly, Do I have to do something special when trying to use Imoen's back attack against an opponent, or do I just position her behind the target and attack? Will the scrolling journal indicate a successful back attack was made or not?

I know, they're rookie questions, but I played through Icewind Dale and Chapter 5 of BG and still don't know the exact answers to those...

TIA
DavidL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 03:52 PM   #2
Cloud
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To turn undead you simply "turn on" the skull icon and wait (no attacking) I think it gets better with leveling.

To backstab you must succesfully hide in the shadows then click to attack someone (melee). The first attck will be a backstab attempt. Yes I think it does come up in the scrolling journal.

I know nothing of an "Avatar".

------------------
Cloud
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 05:41 PM   #3
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

I tink that an avatar is basically your character as displayed on the screen... comes from the Hindu where it describres the incarnation of Vishnus body on Earth.

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Billikins the Bold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 08:42 PM   #4
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

In order for a cleric to be sucessful at turning undead, he or she must be at least a LV=6 or 7. At least that is what I've found. Also once you click on the skull icon, don't attack. Just move your characterin near the undead creature. As you get even higher you can even destroy undead.

With a thief, one of the things I like to do is have my mage cast invisiblity on my thief, then move him into position. My LV 10 thief, in Icewind Dale, score a hit on a backstab, of 66hps!

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?

[This message has been edited by Sir Taliesin (edited 08-17-2001).]
Sir Taliesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 10:26 PM   #5
Demoquin
Dungeon Master

my fighter/thief got a backstab of 112 of a Gibberling. now that is with 18/00 strength, critical hit, and backstab X4 hehe

------------------

I am Demoquin, Agent from Hell
Demoquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 10:52 PM   #6
Lioness
Jack Burton

An avatar is the form a god takes when it walks the realms. In BG, the avatar is your main character.

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Little Angel of Ironworks
Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 12:35 AM   #7
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

thought id reply since im aiming for 50 post tonight...

i agree with what you all said!

-Aragain
-Aragain- is offline   Reply With Quote