Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2006, 10:05 AM   #1
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Spoiler question.
I need to find a mirror for the central brain in the mind flayer section of hou. I went to the beholders cave cleaned it out as well as the spiders down below. I got the anti-magic ball and tablet. I can't find the mirror anywhere.

[ 02-01-2006, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Nightwing ]
Old 02-01-2006, 10:15 AM   #2
Target
Red Dragon

I think you need to take a ride acorss the river...

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #3
Marathon
Elminster

Looks like Target beat me to it, with fewer spoilers...

Of course, you can just kill the brain and not give him the mirror.

[ 02-01-2006, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Marathon ]
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #4
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Are there ramifications to killing the brain? Or can I just kill it on general principles? This is where playing a paladin would come in handy, a Paladin would just swing away. I wonder if the game moves your alignment bar if you make alliances with evil parties as a Paladin?
Old 02-01-2006, 11:25 AM   #5
Target
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightwing:
Are there ramifications to killing the brain? Or can I just kill it on general principles? This is where playing a paladin would come in handy, a Paladin would just swing away. I wonder if the game moves your alignment bar if you make alliances with evil parties as a Paladin?
I've only played HotU once and gave the mirror so I don't know what would happen if you kill it. As for the pally I think they get round it by saying it’s the less of two evils, but you may come to regret in the future…or something like that.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:58 AM   #6
banzai
Manshoon

SPOILER ALERT AGAIN REGARDING RAMIFICATIONS OF KILLING THE BRAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

If you just kill the brain without striking a certain bargain - how about the beholders supporting the Valsharess in the *climactic* battle ? Are they gone too then ?
Old 02-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #7
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I wonder. If the deal is not made then it may not matter if you kill the beholders the program may default the beholders at the battle.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #8
Marathon
Elminster

I believe that there will be mindflayers against you if you kill the elder brain. My paladin killed him anyways...
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #9
Nightowl2
Galvatron

If you clean out the beholder nest, they do not appear in the final battle, regardless of anything else you do (or not do).

If you give the mirror to the elder brain, mind flayers do not appear in the final battle.

If you kill the elder brain, or just skip this quest, flayers will show up in the last fight. I usually just skip the quest, as this gives a lot of power to the mind flayers.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote