Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Did Father Geoghan Deserve to Die?
yes 10 35.71%
no 18 64.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2003, 01:26 AM   #1
Djinn Raffo
Ra

That catholic preist, John Geoghan, was murdered in prison recently. Did that pedophile deserve to die?
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 02:11 AM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I don't think he "deserved" to die. I would have preferred he continue to suffer the shuns of fellow prisoner. He is a piece of scum who should never have seen free light again, but no, he didn't deserve to die. That said, I'm not going to shed any tears. My family was affected by a pedophile (my father had an incident in his childhood), and the devastation they do is awful. His crimes were unforgivable, he wasn't, necessarily, and he didn't need to die.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:53 AM   #3
HammerHead
Zhentarim Guard

No. First of all, another inmate has no morale right to judge someone no matter what he's done and secondly, I'm against deathpenalty. It's better to let such scumbags rot in jail.

However I can honestly say that the world is a better place without him and would have been even better, if someone had stopped him before he molested the 160? children.

What a piece if sh**t!

C
Old 08-26-2003, 09:32 AM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

He was not sentenced to die, ergo the law was not upheld in this instance.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:01 AM   #5
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Well I'm not going to shed a tear for this hunk of fecal matter.
khazadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 11:33 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

Nor I will shed any tears for this man based on his charges. I don't know what good he has done earlier.

But it is not for us to decide if he is to die is it. He wasn't sentenced to death as Timber stated and therefore who are we to decide if he deserved to die?
Old 08-26-2003, 11:52 AM   #7
MagiK

I couldn't vote since my answer was "I don't know" but I suppose he was supposed to die...because he did.

Some times if you put your self in a position....the results are your own fault....Basicly:

Your fate is your own to determine.....don't molest children...don't go to jail....don't end up murdered.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:58 PM   #8
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

According to the tenents of his faith, god has a plan for us all. Maybe god just planned for his wayward sheep to be brought home.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:22 PM   #9
Grendal
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
He was not sentenced to die, ergo the law was not upheld in this instance.
The Law WAS upheld....he screwed up, he went to court, he was judged and found guilty, he went to jail, law upheld...... We as citizens cant be held responsible for what happens behind the bars. Although we as citizens CAN be held responsible for our actions on the outside, and he was. If your a pedophile in prison you are pretty much screwed. I was actually surprised that Jeff Dahmer lasted as long as he did. I figured he would be done in within months of his incarceration. Did this guy deserve to die??? He made his bed...
Old 08-26-2003, 05:25 PM   #10
Grendal
Manshoon

On another note....maybe we should be asking this question not to ourselves but to the parents of and the victims.