Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-19-2002, 10:27 AM   #1
lee1001
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Everytime i enter a fight against mages they always cast some sort of chaotic command, sometimes fear, confusion, domination etc. It tends to throw all my fighters so they run around in circles.
I have leant to cast a few fire elementals to soak up those spells, is there any other way? I know there is a chaotic commands defense spell but you can only cast that on one of your characters.
Any suggestions?
lee1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 10:31 AM   #2
Hecate
The Magister

I'm not an expert but maybe a Helmut of Charm Protection might help.
Hecate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 10:34 AM   #3
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Item Spoilers
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
There are several Items in the game which protect against mental domination. One, for example is the shield of harmony, which you can get in Trademeet.

Chris
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 10:37 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

The only help is Chaotic Commands spell (level 5, priest, druid) + Remove Fear spell (level 1, many spellcasters). I do recommend to cast both these spells every time you are about to fight mages or priests (as well as some other monsters, like Umber Hulks). Naturally, if the spells are already active, you don't need to recast them.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:49 AM   #5
lee1001
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does the shield of harmony protect just one chracter? Or is there spell or item that can protect the group?

What reverses the HOLD spell?
lee1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 11:04 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

To counter Hold

Level 3 Cleric spell, Remove Paralysis( cure, area-of-effect)
Level 4 Cleric spell, Free Action( cure and prevention, single target)
Level 3 Cleric/Mage spell, Dispel Magic( not 100%, and a last resort, area-of-effect)

ADD] The Shield of Harmony is a single item, and thus only protects one person, the wearer.

Potions of Clarity protects the drinker from Charm and Confusion.

Minor Spoiler
~
~
~
~
Lilarcor +3( Two-Handed Sword) from the Copper Coronet Sewers grants immunity to Charm and Confusion. Protects the wearer only.

[ 09-19-2002, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 11:07 AM   #7
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

The hold spell can be countered by either dispel magic(cleric and mage) or remove paralyis (cleric). The shield only protects the character with the shield equiped unfortunatly. To protect against chaos etc I always cast chaotic commands on my two fighters before any major battle. That's the only surefire way of countering confusion type spells.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:54 AM   #8
Ilythiiri
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris77Se:
Item Spoilers
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
There are several Items in the game which protect against mental domination. One, for example is the shield of harmony, which you can get in Trademeet.

Chris
not to forget... there are also helms that protect against mental domination....
Old 09-19-2002, 03:26 PM   #9
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Arbane,s Sword (A +2 short sword) gives constant free action and can haste the wielder once per day. The sword can be looted early on from one of the random hostile encounters.

Sports a spiffy red colour too.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:32 PM   #10
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Actually, the way I do it means thata all three of my fighters are immune to Mental Domination, Using Shield of Harmony, Lilarcor, and Helm of Charm Prot.

Free Action is something I rarely bother with, I never seem to have Web, Entangle etc. cast on me!
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote