Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-02-2001, 12:11 AM   #21
Scottith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

::BUMP::
Old 06-02-2001, 12:25 AM   #22
CG
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottith:
So what do you think is better for a fighter? Weapon and shield, or double weapon?
It's double shields for me.
Old 06-02-2001, 12:29 AM   #23
Scottith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by CG:
It's double shields for me.
Interesting! Why exactly would you choose that?

Old 06-02-2001, 12:49 AM   #24
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Actually, double shields for a dual mage would be interesting...=D
Old 06-02-2001, 01:29 AM   #25
Blade Soulreaver
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In all aspects dual wielding is better than sword and shield,pnp or cprgs (unless in PNP your DM gives you a god powerful shield). I learned this the hard way (and so did my group) when I created an NPC Ranger who could dual wield long swords, and when they were high level and he had become a grand master in the long sword, maxed out dual wielding (and had Ambidextery) he became a killing machine. I tested him out against the group it took him six rounds to kill everyone (6 people, 1 person a round) it didn't matter what his AC was, the characters couldn't cause enough damage to kill him before he killed them (or even hit him in some cases)
Old 06-03-2001, 09:40 PM   #26
Scottith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

::
Old 06-03-2001, 10:00 PM   #27
Pain-Wrath
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottith:
So what do you think is better for a fighter? Weapon and shield, or double weapon?
Hey, If you are legit, It's Sword shield for Holy Avenger/Sentinel with an AC of 5 +4, which gives you 9, but if you hack, its the ("killsw01") sword and the sentinel... I know a good starting char with hacking... 2 rings of Gaxx, ("killsw01"), sentinel, ..any ammy, boots of phasing (the monster phase isnt so bad. since you have over -22 AC and do over 1000 dmg) Girdle of frost giant-Sets your STR to 20, and make sure you're a fighter, so you can put on full plate mail of T'rachie, I find it good, even though It is cursed.

Pain is the beginning of fear...
Fear is the beginning of death...
Death is the beginning of life...
But the pain will surpass...
Old 06-04-2001, 01:04 AM   #28
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

For fighters, rangers, and barbarians I'd say dual-wield. For Paladins, I'd say two-handed for Carsomyr (duh). Any combination of cleric or druid, I'd use a shield (if they can use one). For Rogues, I'd go single weapon style (except Swashbucklers and Blades).

In BG2, they added better equipped abilities to many of the weapons, and forgot about the shields. The only three shields that are worth having are the Shield of Harmony +2 (immune to charm, confusion, domination, and hold), the Shield of Balduran (reflects beholder rays), and the Dragon Shield (25% resist fire, lighting, and cold). The Sentinal gives a great AC bonus, but doesn't have any other effects. I would've rather it been +3 with some other resistance.
Old 06-04-2001, 01:09 AM   #29
Pain-Wrath
Banned User

Yea, it really depends on how you play, some like having great resistences..but thats why you EQ the winter boots(%50 cold)fire resist ring(40%fire)and a protection of electricity scroll,or magic, whichever you need. But I like using the sentinel,vacartyl(the +90 long sword...hehe) but you are right if you want good resists..
Old 06-04-2001, 01:11 AM   #30
Pain-Wrath
Banned User

You are right, it is good to go that way, but you could wear winter boots for 50%cold, fire resist ring for 40%fire, and use a protection scroll if you need anymore.. But you are right, I have to agree...I like having better defense..