Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2001, 04:11 PM   #1
Wolverine
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I DID THE FOLLOWING WITH THE STORMKEEPER EDITOR:
I just finished the fighter stronghold quest and now want to change my multi class fighter/mage/theif to a human kensai. I created a new character kensai and then copied those attributes to my saved character. My only difference was that I kept the XP which made me a level 9 kensai. So all my spells are gone and I have the same special abilities as a kensai. My question is did I miss any other adjustments that had to be made since I moved up to level 9 from the level 7 character that I just created. e.g. special abilities, weapons, more attacks, etc. In particular, am I missing any character affects? If so, how can I know which to add? My end goal is to continue with the game with my party but as a kensai that will later dual to a mage.
Old 03-22-2001, 02:13 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolverine:
I DID THE FOLLOWING WITH THE STORMKEEPER EDITOR:
I just finished the fighter stronghold quest and now want to change my multi class fighter/mage/theif to a human kensai. I created a new character kensai and then copied those attributes to my saved character. My only difference was that I kept the XP which made me a level 9 kensai. So all my spells are gone and I have the same special abilities as a kensai. My question is did I miss any other adjustments that had to be made since I moved up to level 9 from the level 7 character that I just created. e.g. special abilities, weapons, more attacks, etc. In particular, am I missing any character affects? If so, how can I know which to add? My end goal is to continue with the game with my party but as a kensai that will later dual to a mage.
Be aware that changing character classes in SK is tricky (as is any kind of hacking). Just changing your class won't automatically give you all the special abilities of the new class. You need to assign those manually. Your best bet is to look at all the special abilities etc that a kensai at that level would have and then assign those manually. Quickest way would be to create a kensai and force him up to that level, that way he will have the abilities you're looking for. Then you'll know what abilities to assign to your own character.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame