Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2001, 11:51 AM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well I don't have one class I 'defend' against others so much as I have a few that I've tried and liked. I recently chose a skald because I like the Bards. Love having a little bit of everything- weapons proficiency, magic and LORE! Boy is that ever convenient. No more having the magic wielders waste memory slots with identify spells or paying for identify. Plus I like the idea of the bard as wandering adventurer, story teller, etc. Nice compliment to most parties, in my opinion.

Just for the heck of it, I started a game as pure fighter and it is very different. I'm wondering if I should dual to a mage (fighter is a level 9 now, I think). Might be my mindset (only other character I've played was a fighter/cleric multi) but having the pc out there being wailed on is unnerving!
Old 02-01-2001, 01:10 PM   #12
G.W.

Robe of apprenti--mage stronghold item.
But you can wear bracers of defense (AC 3 or worse), elven chain of some sort (including drow adamantine chain +5), and there are plenty of 5 AC robes worth wearing.

Old 02-01-2001, 01:12 PM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks GW. I already have the fighter stronghold at this point so I'll look for the other items if I dual.
Old 02-01-2001, 01:20 PM   #14
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

oops, forget I said something.
Old 02-01-2001, 01:40 PM   #15
Demus

Well,(sorry to brig this back to title topic), as some of you may already know, I play as an undead hunter (Paladin kit).

This is for a few reasons:
They are totaly immune to level drain, which is incredibly useful]
They are also immune to hold type spells, which makes them very usedful against clerics who often try to hold your character then lay into them with summoned creatures.
And finally, not only can they kill most undead easily with turn undead, but they also get some incredible bonuses vs undead, (and using azureedge aswell makes them all the more powerful!) and undead are one of the most comon enemies in the whole game which makes an Undead hunter one of the best things to be in the game.
All that, and I just like being able to stand and kick the s**t out of any enemies without having to worry too much about dieing quickly.

Old 02-01-2001, 01:48 PM   #16
BLACK KNIGHT

I play a paladin 'cause that is what my 1st DM liked and for my DnD char I had rolled 18/90 Str and 80 Charisma. Just basically played one ever since. I also like the fighter abilities with the cleric spells. I also play a thief and a cleric, but neither fit me as well.

BK

Old 02-01-2001, 04:27 PM   #17
"Hell Lich" Wah

I was torn between being a mage and being a fighter.

And I still am!! - Currently reincarnation is a fighter because I like their special abilities for high THACO and HP. The fighter enabled me to survive just that bit longer when I played again - unlike the mage which cost me 4 reloads.

But it was the mage that killed Firkraag......hmmmm. (see I'm doing it again!!)

Old 02-01-2001, 04:49 PM   #18
Lillie
Dungeon Master

My main character is a "non-kit" Paladin - I imported her from BG1, along with the other 5 characters I rolled up to travel with her. I chose her because being a straight fighter didn't interest me much (though one of my other party members is a fighter). I also like my Paladin from a storyline standpoint, she's trying to be as opposite from her birth heritage as possible.

My challenge in this game is to see if my original party from BG1 can stand up to the challenge of BG2 Only "kit" change I made was that my Cleric is a Priest of Lathander. We took down the Big Red One last weekend (my mage got the kill with Magic Missle), so my Paladin is one happy Avenger-wielding, undead-smackin machine
Old 02-01-2001, 05:41 PM   #19
Malla Gabriel

Me, Elven mages or sorcerors, always wanted to cross the two, and I'm really happy you can do it in the lastest edition. Guess i was drawn to them due to the abilty to shape thing to their will and the long life span.
And i stand up for mages because everyone seems to think that because they have low hp their rubbish.

Old 02-01-2001, 07:23 PM   #20
G.W.

I first made a blade because the kit seemed to be pretty powerful. Then I found out you couldn't pause and swap out armor to cast a spell... that makes it tough to be a bard.

Then I made a kensai mage, who was very powerful. But I found him a bit boring for some reason.

Then I made an evil half-orc fighter-thief because i was impressed that they could exist. Very powerful, and fun to play through as evil!

Then I made a wizard slayer, master of the shortbow, and quit that when I found out the kit was broken.

I guess I should combine all of these characters into one party.