Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2001, 02:01 AM   #21
Razer

my current character is an archer(ranger kit) He has 18 str, 18 dex, 18 con, 9 char, 8 wis, 4 int.
although he has low wisdom and intelligence, he doesn't need it. he has five proficiencey points on long bow and a couple and long sword, just for a back up weapon in close combat.
he has -4 THACO using Strong arm and 4 using adjatha the drinker.
he has -4 armour too, he's got good armour though, made from the scales of the shade dragon.

in short, he just sits back in the battle does 3 attacks per round and does 14 damage (average) with normal arrows.

Old 01-07-2001, 02:05 AM   #22
bertran

I'm playing Amaranth, an Avenger (Druid) and she's proved to be a whole lot of fun.

str 12
dex 16
con 16
wis 18
chr 15

The 6 mage spells I get, including web, LB, chaos, chain lightning and improved invis, which I can memorize multiple times thanks to being a cleric, plus my healing spells and the like make me the best spellcaster in the party. The shapeshifting abilities have also worked out very well: shifting into a Sword Spider allows me to serve as a 3rd fighter when needed, Salamander is less effective, but still has the firebreath.

Negs: It's still a Druid! Only leather armor, but that's not too much of a disadvantage.

Old 01-07-2001, 02:32 AM   #23
bocaj

I am playing a monk right now and well I can't really find any weaknessess just strengths like:
1.good ac with or without armor
2.high residence to every thing
3.moves fast
4.high number of attacks
5.gets stunning blow and quivering hand
6.really strong hand attacks

oh just thought of some weaknessess:
1.can't use off handed stuff like shields and two swords
2.can't use a lot of weopons

well thats about it I think.

Old 01-07-2001, 03:09 AM   #24
Aurum
Manshoon

Mine, Kensai/mage.

Str. 18/97
Dex. 16
Con. 18
Int. 18
Wis. 10
Cha. 3 (ring ???) 18

I'm not whine, I'm fine.
Old 01-08-2001, 09:45 AM   #25
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

I hardly need to write here but my current character is a fighter, my third fighter incarnation actually. Just a standard fighter. Has Celestial fury and shield of harmony. also carries Crom Fayr. My only problem with him was I kept running off killing monsters just with him and didn't get enough use out of the rest of my group.
Old 01-08-2001, 11:00 AM   #26
NytesHalo

Mine is a ranger imported from NG 1 with 19 str and Dex weilding both Daystar and Adjatha the Drinker, which is a good HP restoring sword. Ring of Gaxx and ring of regeneration, boots of speed (Makes for a VERY fast attack speed while dual weilding)full dragon armor including helm, and gauntlets of weapon mastery. I just left the Asylum and right now I am maxed in exp after doing every quest and such I could find, and basically she doloed everything in the asylum. The rings and sword regenerate her life VERY fast so it saves a lot of time on sleeping since I never have to cast heal (UNLESS it's an extreme emergency). Plus she also has her figurine of WOndrous power (moon dog) which seems to be even more powerful than Drizzt's figurine of Guenhwyver since it has the ability to cure wounds three times a day, improved invisibility, a howl the frightens evil creatures, and true sight. I am proud to say that not one cheat has been used in making this character.

Old 01-08-2001, 02:09 PM   #27
madrox

aww hell i have a pure fighter, loaded up with all this crap -9 ac that dragon slaying sword+ the shield and some crazy stuff gaunts of ogre power as well

Old 01-10-2001, 08:36 AM   #28
estibaan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ive got a wizard slayer (currently on the final battle and have never cheated) and he can wear helmets without any problem
Old 01-10-2001, 08:36 AM   #29
estibaan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ive got a wizard slayer (currently on the final battle and have never cheated) and he can wear helmets without any problem
Old 01-10-2001, 08:51 AM   #30
Armisael

Human fighter-mage (12/15).

Strengths:
- Fairly powerful in both melee and ranged combat
- Never gets touched by conventional weapons
- Good HP and saving throws, can wear helmets, shields and bracers (whee)

Weaknesses:
- Pain in the arse getting my fighter skills back
- No eighth level mage spells
- Looks like a moron with a helmet, a shield and no bloody armour : P