Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2002, 06:54 AM   #1
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

am in the graveyard... at the end of the arnika road...
and have found 4 gravestones with blue glowing symbols on them...
can touch them and it makes a noise, but nothing else seems to happen.
whats the deal here?

ive look thru two different online walkthroughs and both have failed to mention these glowing symbols.

any ideas?
Old 04-25-2002, 07:14 AM   #2
GodSlayer
Dungeon Master

spoiler comming
It's the activation points of one of the 3 retro dungeons (small hidden cubed dungeons) - if you activate all - 5 - runes (on 5 headstones) it then activates a "place specific item" area (it does light up, if you look at it in the night), but it's in the southeast corner of the inner graveyard (move the mouse until it becomes a hand. - the item needed is a normal plain dagger. when you put the dagger in it activates a mushroompatch south of the cemetary. Walking into this patch it teleports you to a small dungeon.

If you search the forum you can find links to the dungeon maps, and how to activate the others, because they are fun but confusing, as the automap is screwed here (on purpose I guess)

Like you I must confess I needed help, because I also found the runes and activated them, I even found the "place specific item" area, but couldn't guess what item to use (and what the outcome would be). Indeed I belived it had something to do with the curse of the cemetary - I don't believe anybody found out by themselves, they must have gotten hints from somebody who help make the game - but I may be wrong.

GodSlayer
GodSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 07:29 AM   #3
Geathaa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually, there are SIX runes on SIX headstones if I remember correctly ...
Geathaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 08:20 AM   #4
GodSlayer
Dungeon Master

yep - my bad - there are six runes.

GodSlayer
GodSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 12:33 PM   #5
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

http://www.volberding.com/Wizardry8/...meteryWalk.htm
Old 04-25-2002, 08:02 PM   #6
The Kiwi
The Magister

Having started gaming with some of the earliest CRPG's back when IBM-PC's were still "new" and for games you had to have a C64 as well as a DOS PC, I drew many dozens of maps on graph paper. I can't tell you how thrilled I was when Dragon Wars came along and automatically mapped everywhere you had been! Admittedly, the wierd 3D maps in Daggerfall were practically beyond understanding, but I don't have nay interest in turning back the clock on mapping. Next thing, you'll want to put in spinners, and secret teleport squares, and no magic zones, and no light zones, and ... well you can just forget those silly retro things as far as I am concerned!

The K.

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 08:40 PM   #7
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

Scouring the threads ive finally pieced together exactly what must be done, and where all the things are.

6 marked gravestones need to be thouched in no particular order
3 to the east of the central crypt, 3 to the west
in approx the same positions, top corner, middle and bottom.

then on the other side of the wall, on the South East pillar that is a part of the wall u stick a nonmagical dagger.

then find on the far outside the mushroom patch.

and BOY is the dungeon fun. lots of high EXP encounters.
small groups typically as well, more survivable!!

but is there a point to this dungeon? beside being a pen and paper square grid thowbacK?
and any fixed treasure?
Old 04-25-2002, 11:14 PM   #8
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

You'll find all the details at Retro Dungeons Maps, and if you click on any of the maps, you'll get instructions opn how to activate access to them.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 02:37 AM   #9
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

heh.
good onya mate
just as i was gettin stuck in that dungeon...

decent monsters, but bit light on with any decent treasure though
Old 04-27-2002, 03:11 AM   #10
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Kiwi: Do you recall that W7 had a map skill, and you couldn't get a good map until your skill was high ebough? I'll bet you remember food and separate money purses for the different characters!
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote