Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-21-2002, 04:10 PM   #11
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I agree with LS, as long as they don't fill half of my screen or have some sort of pic which isn't allowed by the IW rules then I don't really care what they have [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Besides, if you've got a problem with someone's sig then you can just PM them with the tiny suggestion that they shorten it a bit. Rather than waste space on the GD with a thread like this, which should, as Cal mentioned, have been a PM.

Otherwise we might soon be seeing the return of the Day of ATTN: Threads. Remember that? Something like ten "ATTN: [Insert Member Name Here]" threads on the GD, which should have been PM's.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:13 PM   #12
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
well, personally i have no problem with anyone's sigs - if they want lines of text, let them. if they want a picture, let them. They want to enjoy themselves here too
I notice theres a small space between "Ironworks Dark General (Peace-Keeping Force)" and the picture of the tentacled mage. You could move the text right under it to save space and conform to my anal retentiveness. Just something you might want to think about
Old 11-21-2002, 04:14 PM   #13
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Personally, I am all in favour of this thread being public. CD has come up with an elegant solution to deal with those members who feel the need to have lines of text in addition to an image.

I hope more members follow this trend.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 11-21-2002, 04:15 PM   #14
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
I hope more members follow this trend.
*sigh* I guess Ronn_Bman may be onto something after all... tsk. "CCC"... bah...
Old 11-21-2002, 04:16 PM   #15
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
well, personally i have no problem with anyone's sigs - if they want lines of text, let them. if they want a picture, let them. They want to enjoy themselves here too
I notice theres a small space between "Ironworks Dark General (Peace-Keeping Force)" and the picture of the tentacled mage. You could move the text right under it to save space and conform to my anal retentiveness. Just something you might want to think about [/QUOTE]OH MY GOD!!!!! *shock*

you're right - I AM NOT WORTHY!!!!!!!!!!! *sobs*

think i'll keep the space actually - text right next to sig bit hard on the eyes

Old 11-21-2002, 04:16 PM   #16
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

Besides, if you've got a problem with someone's sig then you can just PM them with the tiny suggestion that they shorten it a bit. Rather than waste space on the GD with a thread like this, which should, as Cal mentioned, have been a PM.
Neb, this is The Point. The Point, this is Neb. I suppose you just missed each other a minute ago.
The idea behind the thread was actually for others to pick up the hint...
Old 11-21-2002, 04:19 PM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

Neb, this is The Point. The Point, this is Neb. I suppose you just missed each other a minute ago.
[/QUOTE]Which noone probably will. "Hmmm.... She says to shorten our sigs if they're too long. I wonder if this two-hour novel and pics of all of my fifteen cats is too long? Nah, people will love it." People who made long sigs made them because they couldn't see the problem with long sigs [img]tongue.gif[/img] And so they probably won't see that it's directed at them unless they get it directly pointed out that they're the problem [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2002, 04:19 PM   #18
Sorcerer Alex

Come on you guys, if you have anything to say to Calaethis, you can PM him instead of spamming his thread. It's all in his honour, after all. The most honourable threads all have zero replies, dontchaknow

Old 11-21-2002, 04:21 PM   #19
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Come on you guys, if you have anything to say to Calaethis, you can PM him instead of spamming his thread. It's all in his honour, after all. The most honourable threads all have zero replies, dontchaknow
YES! THANK YOU! AT LAST! someone has seen the light... NO WAIT! Dont PM me... I dont wanna get a flood of PMs!... [img]tongue.gif[/img] *grins* I guess that means you'll have to ignore my sig then?
Old 11-21-2002, 04:22 PM   #20
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Thanks, but actually, it wasn't [img]smile.gif[/img]
I just noticed CD's sig and thought it was an elegant solution. I don't think I mentioned anywhere that I had a problem with other particular sigs. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Frankly I couldn't care less about it... people get so worked up over nothing, reading negativity in a simple positive post... guess that says more about them than about me [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mouse, thanks for showing that you actually read and understood my post [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]