Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2002, 11:48 PM   #41
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

People, I will say this only once.

There *is* currently a moratorium on religious discussions at IW. It is because in the recent past, all such threads tended to descend into petty infighting and flaming.

I will allow this topic to stand as is, providing that no one descends into said bickering. You guys are treading thin ice as is, based on some of the posts I've read. If Ziroc decides to come through and lock the thread, that is his lookout.

I suggest everyone gets back to the original point of the thread before it gets out of hand.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 07-24-2002, 12:07 AM   #42
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
Al, the Bible is not absolute truth. Not every religion believes in the whole Chrstian Bible, and in fact only about 30% of the world population does according to what I've seen. It's allegedly second-hand, so mistranslations and interpretations are open, plus you can't possibly believe that ALL those monks had perfect handwriting or sight, can you? Plus, why is anyone comparing Tolkien and the Bible? They're two completely different genres, fantasy and general fiction.
SSJ4Sephiroth, I believe it should be noted that this is your opinion only and not fact. In the opinion of most Christians, the Bible is absolute truth.
Also you are displaying ignorance in labeling the Bible 'general fiction'. There are many aspects of it that require faith in it's message in order to believe it, but you can't deny that much of it is an historical record, proven against the most stringent of methods.
[/QUOTE]Was I stating it as any more than my opinion? Did I say anything to the effect of "This is how it is, and if you don't believe me you're wrong?" No, I don't believe so...
And as for that, it's called a JOKE Leonis. Or perhaps humor is outlawed on serious threads? Anyways, I'm gonna go play Starcraft, it's much more entertaining than this whole thread.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:24 AM   #43
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
Was I stating it as any more than my opinion? Did I say anything to the effect of "This is how it is, and if you don't believe me you're wrong?" No, I don't believe so...
And as for that, it's called a JOKE Leonis. Or perhaps humor is outlawed on serious threads? Anyways, I'm gonna go play Starcraft, it's much more entertaining than this whole thread.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:28 AM   #44
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

All right, that's *it*. I have better things to do with my time, too, than to babysit this thread and everyone else in it. Ridiculous!

-Sazerac

P.S. Just wanted to point out that this thread is a perfect example of just WHY there is a moratorium on this subject at Ironworks right now. Think about that.

[ 07-24-2002, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Sazerac ]