Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-02-2001, 03:46 AM   #21
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Turbo, it sounds incredible. You were at the Gulf? You have indeed seen things. Re the fires, it is an element, and to me all the elements are beautiful and captivating, the motion of waves, the motion of a tree moving in the wind, and the motion of a flame dancing is entrancing.

Viewing the oilfields burning sounds like an incredible and complex experience. Nature unnaturally amplified by human aggression and greed yet still containing beauty.

I'm glad you came through it Turbovee.

And yes though I'm not Memnoch I agree about the Great Barrier Reef. I had my honeymoon six years ago on a island up there and it was indeed divine.
Old 02-02-2001, 03:54 AM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Turbo, my sister went diving on the Reef and she said it was amazing. I've been to the Whitsunday Islands just south of there, did a bit of sailing, and it was one of the most gorgeous places I've ever been to. Looking down from the plane, the water was so clear, you could see the sand and the coral. And the beaches were so pristine!

Yorick how's merry olde England? Raining as usual?
Old 02-02-2001, 04:05 AM   #23
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Actually I'm in Singapore Memnoch, I'll be here for another six days catching up with a very dear friend and some former students of mine. Asia is great. I'd only been to Bali in Indonesia before this (plus Kuala Lumpur & Dubai airports). One of the more enjoyable differences is in the Asian food. Very very tasty. More spices are available here than in Oz it seems, and it's not 'westernised'.

Not too hot. (Sydney has been a corker lately hasn't it).

Maybe I should start a 'Sojourning' thread to keep you posted if I have long breaks between posts. (sorry about the pun)
Old 02-02-2001, 04:48 AM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You didn't hear about the wettest day in 2 years that we had yesterday? It started raining 12 midnight on Tuesday night and didn't stop till 6 pm the next day. Quite a bit of flooding happened, cars getting washed away and submerged and all that. Then today the sun was out shining, not a cloud in the sky!!!

Sydney weather
Old 02-02-2001, 05:30 AM   #25
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

sheesh.. you guys have all the luck, going out moutain climbing, hicking, rockclimbing, and been to all those places i have never been before... well except Nigra Falls ( i have been to the states and only that) man what life you guys live ... heh.. my mom wont even let me go scuba diving...
Old 02-02-2001, 06:51 AM   #26
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Zor, on the other hand, you have just experienced something that few people will - the euphoria of People Power! To overthrow an evil dictator and be part of something new and fresh and exciting and non-violent is an experience that you will look back on in years to come and realize how lucky you were to go through that.
Old 02-02-2001, 07:51 AM   #27
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

true true... what you say is all so true... its not everyday you get a revolution at your doorstep ... and im already keeping some newpapers and old momento's for history's sake...

come to think of it... i better work extra hard if i want to get out and see the world from this place... im only 17 (going 18 finally!! this april) and the possibilities are endless... well... kinda but still its gonna be one heck of a challenge to get out of here and study (or work) abroad... (groan) thats gonna be though...

hmmm... hey waita minute... you did that Memnoch... heh... how did you do it?? can ya give me any hints?? "sige na sige na pls pls naman oh.." ...

ps: kung ayaw mo sabihin ... then... sabihin mo na lang ng filipino... hindi naman maintindihan ng mga tao... si Bahamut lang ang isa pang filipino alam ko sa board... but English is ok ... your move Memnoch... but i still like it if ya told me...
Old 02-02-2001, 07:56 AM   #28
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Zor, it was a bit different with me, because i actually grew up in the US. Then we moved back to Manila, I attended I.S. for a while, then we moved out here. So I guess i kind of got a head start. It all depends on what you want to do in college. There are 2 ways of going about it: going overseas to study (even for an exchange program), or studying in manila, getting a job with a good company, then getting a transfer. I might be able to get you some connections in Manila, I'll email you with more details.

Kaya mo yan, pare! Life is what you make of it. The world is filled with two types of people: people who talk about doing something, and people who actually do what they talk about! Make sure you're part of the latter.
Old 02-02-2001, 08:29 AM   #29
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

salamat talaga...
but im only 4th year highschool... going to college this err... this year in June i guess... the SAT is already over... and im going to La Salle... i look up to your email...

and what you say ... i wanna be the latter... its not a want ... its a need for me... and hopefully i can achieve my dream..

GD... and ill email ya when i can... its been kinda hectic right now... ack!
Old 02-03-2001, 12:46 AM   #30
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

What? Cars washed wased away! How bad was it all. REALLY bad, or a novelty bad.