Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 09-20-2002, 01:18 PM   #1
perivar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is this one worth exploring? The kobolds are just killing me (funny - huh) and my company in the first hall. How the heck do I pass. and why should I? Maybe I could cheat my way through, killing one at a time, but that wouldn't be any fun, would it?

BTW, I sneaked in with HiS, and there were no less than 25 kobolds with nasty arrows awaiting my arrival

Am I not good enough 5-6000 experience p / party member. As soon as I go around a corner I'm toast. i mean it. 2 seconds is the longest I've managed

And what is it with these golden pantalons? Noone wants to buy them

[ 09-20-2002, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: perivar ]
perivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 01:39 PM   #2
Keraptisdm
Elminster

I hated that dungeon!! The constant, respawning kobolds with their fire arrows. ARGH!!! I didn't spend too much time there for sure! Just enough to kill that Orge Mage.
I think the Golden Pantaloons become important in SoA-TOB, but I don't know. Someone else may have to assist you with that one.

[ 09-20-2002, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Keraptisdm ]
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 02:05 PM   #3
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

What drove me nuts with this dungeon was the stupidity (path nodes) of my party members. What I do is leave all non-essential personel at the door. Give my tank both the Girdle of Piercing and the Boots of Avoidence and bring the thief along to disarm traps.

SPOILER-
If you have an early version of the game, you can PP a Longbow of Marksmanship from one of the spirit guys. You should aproach the Ogre Mage and friends from behind, through the secret door in the basement of the traitor.
\"Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to Middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist haunting, dripping vain tears in the thankless sea?\"<br />Feanor at Tirion upon Tuna, Of the Flight of the Noldor, The Silmarillion
Telchar of Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 02:12 PM   #4
perivar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What is a traitor? A secret door? Is there a shortcut?

It doesn't seem to help to kill them one by one. It's like a hydra, for every single one you kill, two more are ready for some fun
Old 09-20-2002, 02:16 PM   #5
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

having Kobold problems?...three words WAND OF FIRE. 1 fireball=0 kobolds
Old 09-20-2002, 02:25 PM   #6
perivar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

And just were would I find this solution-to-all fire wand?
Old 09-20-2002, 02:43 PM   #7
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

SPOILER-
It is best if you enter the dungeon from the halfling villiage, Gullykin. You need to talk to their leader twice. To do the subquest given to you by the spirit, you want to enter the dungeon through the wineceller. There is a traitor who is letting the kobalds into the village through a secret door in his basement. You can't miss him, he is the only rude and surley halfling. If that's not enough, it's the house in the SW corner. That should be enough for ya.
\"Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to Middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist haunting, dripping vain tears in the thankless sea?\"<br />Feanor at Tirion upon Tuna, Of the Flight of the Noldor, The Silmarillion
Old 09-20-2002, 04:07 PM   #8
perivar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

A backdoor: TADAA! This felt like cheating! Has anyone ever cleared it the hardcore way?
Old 09-20-2002, 04:49 PM   #9
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by perivar:
A backdoor: TADAA! This felt like cheating! Has anyone ever cleared it the hardcore way?
Yeah, I did it once. Just take one char, if possiblke your tank, put on him all items and potions againsgt missile weapons and kill the kobolds...

But its not so much fun, manly because the othere partymembers are running around and hit some randomly respawned commandos

Chris
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 04:53 PM   #10
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

How do you think I learned that in the first place?