Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #21
Detherin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrvias:
quote:
Still, Kyrvias' longsword makes sense from a roleplaying perspective, as a large portion of Fighter/Mages are going to be elves who favor longswords. Perhaps if the sword were only usable by elves and half-elves
That's a great idea! Only useable by Elves and Half elves. (Do half elves get the bonus with longswords too?) [/QUOTE]Hehe, I guess I'll make one then - for your sake - Kyrvias ^_^.

*EDIT* Hehe, made one now. That took about 5 minutes, I even gave it a custom description . It's the exact same as what you said (+3 1st level, +2 2nd level, +1 3rd level, +1 intelligence and vocalize - not play tested yet though).

Hmm. This is really annoying. It won't let me save my own texts for the description. Says permission denied. Any advice on what to do? It was working fine yesterday :s.

[ 04-05-2006, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Detherin ]
Detherin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:43 PM   #22
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

[quote]Originally posted by Detherin:
Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
[qb]as for the new Zerth Blade, can any one give me information on the original? I haven't played PS:T. Just so I can find something to have a basis on. Cheers all.
It changed as Dak'kon gained levels, and the direction of the change depended on his moral. If you treated him like dirt and constantly reminded him of his status as a slave, it gained more extra damage but less extra spells. If you helped him gain inner peace and balance, it gained a little less damage but more spells. And if you did neither, it got you more extra AC and less damage and spells.

I didn't post the stats here, as there are many variants, and it takes a lot of space. But a PS:T item list I found from gameFAQs written by Dan Simpson has them

BG doesn't have much in the way of NPC morale, and this would be to the PC anyway. So you'd have to make it change by alignment or (and I personally think this would be nicer) reputation. If reputation's really low, you get Kinstealer, if it's really high, you get Streaming Blade, if it's in the middle, you get Chained Blade. And if you shift from one reputation range to another, the sword changes with you. I'm not really sure how easily the engine bends to this, but Torment was pretty similar, so it might work.

I can't remember the levels for the changes, but I think they would be unsuitable for BG2 anyway.

And of course the blade would be unusable by anyone else but the PC, as he practically creates it with his mind. And preferably it would be irremovable, like Imoens Belt.

Also, you should play PS:T.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:48 PM   #23
Detherin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Greasel:
quote:
Originally posted by Detherin:
Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
[qb]as for the new Zerth Blade, can any one give me information on the original? I haven't played PS:T. Just so I can find something to have a basis on. Cheers all.
It changed as Dak'kon gained levels, and the direction of the change depended on his moral. If you treated him like dirt and constantly reminded him of his status as a slave, it gained more extra damage but less extra spells. If you helped him gain inner peace and balance, it gained a little less damage but more spells. And if you did neither, it got you more extra AC and less damage and spells.

I didn't post the stats here, as there are many variants, and it takes a lot of space. But a PS:T item list I found from gameFAQs written by Dan Simpson has them

BG doesn't have much in the way of NPC morale, and this would be to the PC anyway. So you'd have to make it change by alignment or (and I personally think this would be nicer) reputation. If reputation's really low, you get Kinstealer, if it's really high, you get Streaming Blade, if it's in the middle, you get Chained Blade. And if you shift from one reputation range to another, the sword changes with you. I'm not really sure how easily the engine bends to this, but Torment was pretty similar, so it might work.

I can't remember the levels for the changes, but I think they would be unsuitable for BG2 anyway.

And of course the blade would be unusable by anyone else but the PC, as he practically creates it with his mind. And preferably it would be irremovable, like Imoens Belt.

Also, you should play PS:T.
Hehe. thanks for all that. Interesting read, but I don't think that I could do something that difficult to code just yet ^_^. I don't even know if it is possible with BG2s engine. ^_^

Yes, I agree, I should play PS:T.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #24
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrvias:
That's a great idea! Only useable by Elves and Half elves. (Do half elves get the bonus with longswords too?)
No, they don't. I just thought that it would be logical that if a half-elf were raised in elven society, he would tend to be proficient with the longsword.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #25
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Good point.

Quote:
Hehe, I guess I'll make one then - for your sake - Kyrvias ^_^.

*EDIT* Hehe, made one now. That took about 5 minutes, I even gave it a custom description . It's the exact same as what you said (+3 1st level, +2 2nd level, +1 3rd level, +1intelligence and vocalize - not play tested yet though).
Thanks Detherin!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:28 PM   #26
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Quote:
Thanks all, I may find somewhere to host my items so anyone who wants to try them out can do ^_^.
I've got plenty of bandwidth so would be happy to host if you could rustle up Detheriel a nice longbow to rival those pesky shortbows...
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #27
Detherin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock_uk:
quote:
Thanks all, I may find somewhere to host my items so anyone who wants to try them out can do ^_^.
I've got plenty of bandwidth so would be happy to host if you could rustle up Detheriel a nice longbow to rival those pesky shortbows... [/QUOTE]I had been meaning to make a longbow...the only thing that springs to mind atm is something that perhaps lowers the saving throws of a monster (a certain % chance of) and has the fleeblemind effect on it - so the more times you hit the enemy, the higher the chance of feebleminging it.

Other than that, I thought of making a decent longbow that can create a set of randomly generated arrows (40 normal arrows, 30 +1, 20 +2, 10 fire/ice/acid, 5 biting/piercing, 2 dispelling/detonation) just a thought - only one of these will be made/day and the choice is completely random. I may implament a death arrow too, or maybe some of my own custom arrows.

p.s. Shamrock_uk, I have been following your Detheriel journal - it makes a great read! Keep up the good work . And thanks for offering to host up my items ^_^.

[ 04-05-2006, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Detherin ]
Old 04-05-2006, 06:21 PM   #28
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

To be quite honest, I'd be happy with nice magical arrows (as in "from thin air"), not amazingly fussed about different damage effects as I tend to find them very hard to get balanced. But hey, you can always make two!

Glad you like the journal, thank-you for your comments! My computer has given up the long fight for survival last week, but I'm getting parts hopefully tomorrow and should have the replacement running by the weekend and the next entry will follow [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just PM me (longbow or not of course!) and I'll stick them up on the net.

[ 04-05-2006, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:27 PM   #29
Detherin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hehe, made some pretty funny "Arrows of Blasting". 50% Chance of Wing Buffet and adds a little electrical damage - as well as a +3 enchantment, I think. Kind of funny, but also useful for an archer ^_^.

Quite decent at clearing areas and keeping enemies at bay.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:55 PM   #30
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Wait. A bow that gives the user 100% Fire immunity, and needs no ammunition. It fires magical arrows that are like arrows of detonation, doing 12012345641231 points of damage... with no saving throw.

Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote