Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #11
Cam_H
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Uruk'hai Gard:
General question: Is it good to play with full group or less. I also have ToB installed and want to continue there with this group. Would it be better to reduce size of my group for faster character levelling? I think that I want at least keep Jaheira, Imoen and Aerie(dont like her personality but she is useful).
You could put a compelling case for keeping your group as is, or cutting its size back by one or two if you felt so inclined (given Jaheira and Aerie are both multi's).

My gut feel is to keep it more or less as it is ... you will need to lose someone in order to squeeze Imoen in, and I'm pretty much of the same mind as yourself that one of; Minsc, Valygar, or Yoshimo should go to make way. You are fairly 'fighter-focused' given your Cavalier and Jaheira can melee confidently therefore putting a question mark over the need for both Minsc and Valygar (the latter being used as a bowman anyway!), while Imoen's thieving skills are arguably adequate enough for you to deal with traps and locks in the remainder of the game therefore putting a question mark over the usefulness of Yoshimo.

My firm recommendation however would be to keep the group as it is until you rescue Imoen before making any bold decisions.
Cam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:43 AM   #12
Uruk'hai Gard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well.."problem" solved. Yoshimo revealed his true colors...what a shocker!I really liked him and he was such a versatile character. And you all knew of course what will happen... Hmm, lets see what other surprises will come. I really didnt see this coming. Well, now I have those two mages. Lets see if Im able to escape from that place, I hate that Bodhi.
Uruk'hai Gard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Well.."problem" solved. Yoshimo revealed his true colors...what a shocker!I really liked him and he was such a versatile character. And you all knew of course what will happen... Hmm, lets see what other surprises will come. I really didnt see this coming. Well, now I have those two mages. Lets see if Im able to escape from that place, I hate that Bodhi.
OMG!! You're playing BG2 for the first time. I envy you.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:44 PM   #14
Uruk'hai Gard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Better late than never! This is a great game. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2006, 08:33 PM   #15
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
And you all knew of course what will happen...
I was hanging back and waiting for that particular post; it's great to be in a forum with members who restrain themselves from giving away spoilers.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:37 PM   #16
Uruk'hai Gard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I managed to escape from Asylum and Im now in a underwater city. Some very interesting twists and turns happened again, story just gets more and more interesting. Asylum went surprisingly well. Maybe Im beginning to learn this game. It seems that spells are hugely important, buffing spells (haste, protection etc.) makes huge difference. I think that my party is now very balanced. There seems to be no weak link at the moment. And the bag of holding that I found was great. It seems that in the future trip to Underdark awaits me. I cant hardly wait it because I have read all Salvatores Black elf books... [img]smile.gif[/img]

By the way, how far I am now from end of SoA. Have I got past the halfway now? And how long ToB is compared to SoA?I wont want this to end...
Old 03-28-2006, 04:20 PM   #17
Detherin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hehe, you're bringing up some strong nostalgic moments here for me (and everyone else. most likely). How much you have left depends on how many of the sidequests you did in chapters 2/3. There is a fair bit to go, but if you have done all sidequests up to this point (all sidequests that you can do, at any rate) then I would say you are probably about...87%-90% complete or so.

Oh, and ToB is no where near as big as SoA. This is mainly to do with the fact that ToB has so little side-quests, and the ones you do get can be completed very quickly anyway, unlike SoA, where it can take a while, with many area transitions. It's still a good laugh and the speed at which you level up will be insanely quick.
Detherin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:58 PM   #18
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

You do sound like you're racing through - I expect you're not even half the way through yet. Plenty of hours left yet, don't worry!

It must be so much fun doing it again for the first time!
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:14 PM   #19
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I'd say that when you enter Chapter 5, you're roughly 75% of the way through the game, the Main Plot part of it, at least.

Important fact: The Grand List of RPG cliches (you can Google this term if you don't believe me) lists among its many gems Apocalypse Any Time Now, which says, in roughtly so many words, "The best time to do sidequests is when the gigantic meteor is hovering in the sky and just about to slam into the Earth." Translated, this means: If the person doesn't give you a specific time limit in which you have to get something done, then there is no time limit.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:46 PM   #20
Uruk'hai Gard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am now in Underdark and it seems very interesting though I thought that drows would be even tougher opponents based on Salvatores books. So if I understand correctly I can later do those chapter 2 sidequests that I have not done? So I can have another shot for the dragons... [img]smile.gif[/img] There are couple of quests that I have not tried. Korgan, Nalia, Watchers Keep, missing actor...and maybe more, nice. Still having to do quite a lot of reloading, I cant understand how you manage to play solo or insane this game...