Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #21
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: Obama sticking our broke nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
If the French are there, it's a safe bet to assume everything is fine. The French are a genius people. They intuitively know what not to get involved in (Bush's wars) and what to get involved in (U.N. authorized airstrikes). Good rule of thumb. I have to say, those French got their merde ensemble.

Aren't you forgetting about Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan starting in 2001?

The French were definitely involved in the initial airstrikes on that one and afaik they still have troops / aircraft involved.

They did sit out Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Or were you just thinking of the last one? And I'm assuming that you are refering to Bush Jr only since the french had a major presence in both Desert Storm and Desert Shield under Bush Sr.

Quote:
Not since 1830 with the onset of the French Revolution.
WW2? Algeria? French Indo-China?

SW is thinking of THIS flag:

While jonny's thinking of this one:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783

Last edited by Micah Foehammer; 03-20-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #22
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #23
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Up Re: Obama sticking our broke nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Foehammer View Post
Aren't you forgetting about Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan starting in 2001?
No.

Quote:
The French were definitely involved in the initial airstrikes on that one and afaik they still have troops / aircraft involved.
Yes.

Quote:
They did sit out Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Right, they got brains. (And I still can't help but LOL when I hear the name they gave to that monumental blunder).

Quote:
Or were you just thinking of the last one? And I'm assuming that you are refering to Bush Jr only since the french had a major presence in both Desert Storm and Desert Shield under Bush Sr.
Naturally.

Quote:
SW is thinking of THIS flag:

While jonny's thinking of this one:

No. SW & Johnny are thinking of the same one. French standard was PLAIN white back in the day - the same as the second picture. The crests were adorned only in the presence of royalty/monarchy.

Those Frenchmen seem to have an edge. They have a great foresight which seems to steer them clear of bogus claims and trick questions.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:48 PM   #24
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...O20_story.html

Yep a big surprise. Why doesnt the Arab League step in? Where the hell are they?

*edit- Because we take the heat for anything gone wrong (and expend $100 million worth of missiles right off the bat).

Last edited by Lord of Alcohol; 03-20-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #25
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Alcohol View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...O20_story.html

Yep a big surprise. Why doesnt the Arab League step in? Where the hell are they?

*edit- Because we take the heat for anything gone wrong (and expend $100 million worth of missiles right off the bat).
Making costly decisions without full understanding and killing civilians while doing it is "NOT" the way to keep supporters.

Probably should have fully analyzed the intelligence, and had it double checked before giving the green light.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #26
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Those old debates on how the US should be recognised as the world's sherrif just keep getting funnier. I might have to visit the cellar for a bottle or two of finely aged...
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:35 AM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm guessing that with all their own problems, the Americans could probably care less about what happens to the Libyans. They're only Libyans after all. They should sort out their own problems. If the Frogs want to be the world's policemen this year, I'm sure the beleaguered Americans - facing all kinds of crises at home and abroad - will be more than happy to pass the baton over.

Last edited by T-D-C; 03-21-2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: removed term that other user found offensive
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:03 AM   #28
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
Making costly decisions without full understanding and killing civilians while doing it is "NOT" the way to keep supporters.

Probably should have fully analyzed the intelligence, and had it double checked before giving the green light.
That's a bit harsh isn't it Felix - I mean it's OK when GWB did it - wasn't it??
Old 03-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #29
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Down Re: Obama sticking our broke nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
That's a bit harsh isn't it Felix - I mean it's OK when GWB did it - wasn't it??
I think what Felix means is, making decisions without UN consensus and sending in thousands of ground troops in to die for a cause the was "make believe", is the way to do it.

As opposed to air strikes alongside allies that were all given the go-ahead by the U.N., with no ground troops and limited action in a country that actually wants us there. But again, that implies reason :-/
Old 03-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #30
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
I think what Felix means is, making decisions without UN consensus and sending in thousands of ground troops in to die for a cause the was "make believe", is the way to do it.

As opposed to air strikes alongside allies that were all given the go-ahead by the U.N., with no ground troops and limited action in a country that actually wants us there. But again, that implies reason :-/
Need to recalibrate your dream catcher, it appears to have missed once more.

And once again, you think, or attempt to, incorrectly.

But it does make for fun reading, especially when you confuse your fantasy posts within real world issue posts. But, that's why we let you hang around, provides for some good entertainment.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen