Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #31
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Default Re: Common Sense Says Major Hasan Was a Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Well at least one motive is clear. If it turns out it is a terrorist attack, it's not because of the facts, but because it will make Obama look bad. So why not start making Obama look bad now via insidious implication.
And a lot of people wearing stars will look VERY bad, going way back through the Bush administration, through the Clinton Administration and probably earlier. The attitudes and policies that ensure several hours each quarter are spent not on actual training, but on Consideration of Others (COO), Equal Opportunity (EO), and Sexual Harrassment training. I guarantee NO other job has as much anti-harrassment, anti-judgment, anti-prejudice training as the US Military does. Bush's policy was to tiptoe around the religion that justifies such acts (if we really want to go into it I can drag up my links again), treats threats with kid gloves (Marine that deserted and fled to, Lybia was it? muslim soldiers rolling grenades into their superiors' tents, or mess halls, etc. etc.)

So NO, it's NOT just Obama that will look bad, it's the entire military and it's focus on never hurting anyone's feelings.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #32
Chewbacca
Zartan

Winking Re: Common Sense Says Major Hasan Was a Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Okay, silly me but I actually took this article at face value, and wondered why FTA was so hung up on the word terrorist, going as far as to exhibit a delighted shock when I used it. Now, I know - as it occurs to me you are right here. And, I prolly should have known. I actually thought this had no agenda to it for a second. Oh well.
Well, we did make it 25 posts til an O-bomb(a) dropped...progress?

Last edited by Chewbacca; 11-13-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #33
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Well, we did make it 25 posts til an O-bomb(a) dropped...progress?
Yeah, I live in hope lol.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #34
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Eh? I am talking about Felix threads. You know, the each and every thread he posts that contains a giant eye-impairing wall of text, with nothing offered. You remember, the ones that all slant one way. The ones he spams the forums with. The countless. Endless, stretching all the way from GD to CE and back again. Those posts.

Come on now, well deserved. And, spamming breaks the ToS last I checked - not content. As far as cheap shots go, I didn't see any. And lets be realistic, you're no stranger to them even if there were any - nor is FTA. But, back to my point, I do not find "You're not a spambot - or are you?" a cheapshot in any way. Just saying. Unless I am missing something here.

Again, talking about these, the endless articles you will see if you click on his name and select "Find all posts". The moderators are now saying this is becoming an issue. So these latest two were editted. What's with the confusion here?
This is going to be the last word on debating Felix's posting style. Let's move on. The topic seems to taking its natural course which is good.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #35
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanesra View Post
G'day Memnoch - long time no piss take! Over the Ashes humiliation yet? Now I hear the Aussie cycling team have thrown in the towel!

Anyways! it's sad to see that there is not a lot of discussion here anymore. I recall when I left it was because the overzealous moderators would stomp you with a title of "anti-american" if you had the temerity to suggest a dislike for Apple Pie. Perhaps the pendulum has swung back too far in the opposite direction.

Just in case anyone is unsure - I changed my name by deed poll from Donut to Lanesra.
Good to see you too mate. What Ashes humiliation? That didn't happen (just like 2006 didn't happen for England).

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #36
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Glad to see this post made it to fruiton, even with our resident, self-proclaimed sociologist with dillusional posting manners attempting to derail it. Not sure what was referenced, but that must be some fairly hefty mind altering crack he's onto.

Thanks @ Morgeruat for filling in the gaps whilst I was tending to business elsewhere.

Here @ Ft. Knox we have two levels of gate guards. Federals, and contract civilian, both of which are armed. Soldiers are only armed at the range, unless their MOS (job) is military police.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #37
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Good to see Donut back on the forums - 2lines in and way before the signature I realised that this was a wood of a different bark.

Ashes - that was only a friendly. Can't go bothering about results in a friendly now. Didn't we let you guys have 6 substitutes or something?
Old 11-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #38
Chewbacca
Zartan

Exclamation Re: Common Sense Says Major Hasan Was a Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post

Thanks @ Morgeruat for filling in the gaps whilst I was tending to business elsewhere.
Gaps? You must mean gapes, as in gaping holes filled with blame. Blame for Obama, blame for the entire religion of Islam, and blame for a whole host of others. Even the policies of treating people fairly are blamed. The only thing proven is that it is very easy to blame. Blame with a hint of prejudice, a big old gaping hole of emptiness.

LOL it's almost funny there is no clear blame for the shooter- Muhamed musta made him do it!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #39
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Sunglass Man Re: Common Sense Says Major Hasan Was a Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post

Glad to see this post made it to fruiton, even with our resident, self-proclaimed sociologist with dillusional posting manners attempting to derail it. Not sure what was referenced, but that must be some fairly hefty mind altering crack he's onto.
Pay attention kids, this is called "projecting". You know, when you ship your own, heavily repressed big bag o' crazy unto someone else. Notice how it foams at the mouth, as it does so, my students.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:53 AM   #40
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Oh Chewie you lovable scamp, it's too bad you lack eyes to see and ears to hear. Keep those rosie glasses on my friend, maybe they'll protect you from the Real World(tm)