Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #11
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, January 8, 2009

After one bad experience, I don't drink until I throw up (only takes one time to teach me) and I have never passed out.
I usually walk home, but the area I was in was a rough one a way away from my halls that I do not know well and the people I was with wouldn't let me leave until morning (they locked me in the house).

I haven't found a trolley lying around in years Ivelliis, what did you do with it?

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #12
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Numerous videos on my facebook of me in it and my mate pushing. Him in it and me pushing. Me and a girl in it and him pushing. Good times.

I blacked out once on a ferry to Amsterdam when I was 17. Free champagne (we won it at bingo, it probably wasn't decent) and I don't remember the night, sicked up green and brown that night, had a fight (I think, it wasn't much of a fight) and was too hung over to walk around Amsterdam, nevermind drink anything. Urgh.

We don't walk through the best areas going home but it's not the worst. In Newcastle (where I am now) I usually get a taxi because I never go out with just one other mate, usually a big group at least 4 of us getting a taxi back.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:23 AM   #13
Stratos
Vampire

F*ucking hell! I had to buy the book I was missing. All the reference copies had disappeared. $40 bucks down the drain, basically. I'll only need two references to the book. I wont need to even open the book anymore after that.

But I still had to buy it. I suddenly got this urge to kill someone. :1disgust: :1pissed: :rambo:

ETA: Hey, what's wrong with the smilies?

ETA 2: I pretty much look like my avatar right now.

Last edited by Stratos; 01-14-2009 at 05:26 AM.
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Brrr.... morning, all! Freakin' cold out here... the weather forecast for the next few days is a countdown. 14... 12...9...7... and them ain't Celcius temperatures! Wind chill is lousy... but apparently it's even worse up in Cloudyland :brrr:

Bummer about the book, Stratos. Can you resell it, will it be useful later, or is it now just a paperweight or blunt instrument waiting to be used?

As for the whole "going out drinking until you (nearly) pass out, then stumble home" game, I played that a bit in college. Gave up when I realized that I didn't know what my limit for drinking was, and believe me, it wasn't for lack of research. Decided I had no interest in finding out where that limit is and gave up searching for it. 'Round that time, drinking became something that added to an evening's enjoyment, and was no longer the source of the evening's enjoyment.

I'm pretty sure my limit has dropped since then, and I could probably find it. Still not interested....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #15
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
Also I have decided to go and get my ears pierced again on Saturday (with my sister and boyfriend along for support - It hurts like hell) but most of the people I know are complaining at me not to get it done. The lack of support is a bit annoying.
I can see why, in the dead of winter and you want to attach metal to your body? Madness

I can relate to the depression part though DS, nearly consumed me for about half of mine. It's better than what it was though, thankfully.

Cripes, it's subzero outside. It's so cold, there's ice on the inside of my window seals. And I've got to walk a mile and a half back and forth to work, ugggh.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post

Bummer about the book, Stratos.
THanks!
Quote:
Can you resell it,
Probably not in the near future. The course it's used in wont be held for another year.
Quote:
will it be useful later,
No, just more weight when you move.
Quote:
or is it now just a paperweight or blunt instrument waiting to be used?
Pretty much, yeah.

Oh, what the heck. I have plenty of books I don't much use for anymore. Ut's just a bummer that I had to buy one that I used for such a short period of time.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #17
Stratos
Vampire

As for the drinking bit, I briefly fell asleep in a graveyard going home for a club once. I'm dead serious.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #18
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

How was the graveyard? Comfy? I only sleep round people's houses, mainly because I'm paranoid.

And yes, Gangrell, middle of winter and here I am aiming to get myself covered in metal? I must be mad Oh wait, we knew this already.
Depression sure is a bitch.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #19
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Try not to get your tongue stuck to your piercings
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #20
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren