Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #121
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
"ENGLAND; ASHES WINNERS 2005"

Wow that is an out of date signature [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
...and only now are we seeing how much that must have REALLY hurt! [/QUOTE]Can't see trees for would's
Dappled salamander wakes
How old is your dog?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #122
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Am i supposed to jump in front of the train or will it be stopping there ?
Ik weet het niet! [/QUOTE]I understood that!
Old 01-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #123
Gregster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Isn't this rather timely... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I found myself horrifically bored today (just moved, still looking for work) and was passing the time going through and pruning old bookmarks that I've not used in forever and a day (you can only fold and organize your socks so many times before the thrill is gone) and I come across *this.*

I popped into The Silver River a couple times some weeks' back, finding it wheezing on life support; the occasional old-timer seems to wander it, poke it to see if it moves, and leaves. I actually found a link for Melusines' old Pandemonium board (10 points to anyone here who even remembers, never mind posted, on that old hangout for the wooden-shoe-and-windmills crowd ) but it's long dead. UFR had been quiet for some time and relative to its' heyday is still kind of a snoozefest, though of late a few people who've been gone for quite some time seem to be inoexorably drawn back to place in the manner of immortals gather for "The Quickening," though nobody seems to have gotten their head chopped (mot yet, anyway ). But such is the lifecycle of messageboards; though this place seems to be holding up well.

Fljots and Lord Shield are still on UFR. No idea of how things are with LS and purre...maybe I should PM that goofy Brit and find out.

Oh, and you get 20 points and advance to the Lightening Round (where the score can *really* change) if you remember me.

Quote:
Originally posted by PurpleXVI:
[QB] Well, I hear a rumour that Neb made his peace with this place after leaving a long time ago. And that he may have returned under some other identity. It was, after all, a voluntarily leaving, way back in the day, rather than a banning.

As for his leaving UFR, that was because of mod favouritism. Certain members were, simply because the main admin wanted to get into their pants(Or was getting into their pants) allowed to break the forum rules and do things that everyone else got yelled at for, even if the two posts were back to back.
Well, you ought to know better than anyone else what became of young Nebling...I mean, seeing as how you're him, and stuff.

Everyone, say hello to Neb.

"HI NEB!!!

You know, I never cease to be amazed by the curious mental pathology of people who act like obnoxious pinheads on messageboards, going out of their way to irritate and annoy people to prove how "out there" and "edgy" they are (and by extension how lame and uncool everyone else is) and then, even after they've warned again and again and again and AGAIN, essentialy being extended far more latitude than the folks they claim are being "favored" by the mods, either get suspended, banned, or storm off in a huff...only to return later pretending to be someone else for the purpose of hanging out in the very place they claim sucks and is lame and run by the admins like it's their own personal cool-kids clique in a high school cafeteria, etc.

I swear, there has to be a Masters' thesis in Psychology just waiting to be written about that sort of thing.

And Neb: next time you wander onto a messageboard trying to fake people out using a new identity, you may want to avoid posting a well-known pic of yourself in the boards' Members' Gallery; that sort of thing kinda ruins the whole subterfuge. Using a board handle lifted directly from one of your e-mail addresses doesn't work too well either.

[ 01-04-2007, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Gregster ]
Old 01-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #124
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

Why was he removed? I've tried to research it but without result...
Old 01-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #125
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

I entirely wonder what you're going on about. I never tried to hide my identity there. I got into a few disagreements with some people, and then when a person I knew decided to spaz out, I got banned, too, for some nebulous reason.

I never tried to "fake out" Ironworks. I mean, honestly, did that post read like any sort of attempt to hide my identity? You may notice that even Johnny quickly identified me and I made no attempt to put on a bad moustache, imitate an accent and claim to be from elsewhere.

I have no beef with anyone here, when I left, way back in the day, it was of my own volition. I've no intent of starting any sort of juvenile forum rebellion and I'm perfectly capable of being civil in my debates. You, on the other hand, as soon as you spot me, burst in and start yelling and ranting. I hate to be insulting, but, it really strikes me as though you're the one with a problem, here.

Now how about you do me the favour of keeping whatever issue you have with me between you, me and the mods, if they need to be alerted of it? I see no reason to slander me in front of the entire board. You're dragging in some feud you're imagining from elsewhere. I don't intend to participate in any sort of flamewar, so this will be my last reply to you on Ironworks.

EDIT: Bithron, way back when I first posted here as Neb, I left because I had an issue with the mods and admins. That is entirely in the past for me, though, and I don't think the mods are burning effigies of me in the break room. At least not any longer. Okay, but I bet they're not sticking needles in them first.

[ 01-04-2007, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: PurpleXVI ]
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #126
Gregster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Bithron:
Why was he removed? I've tried to research it but without result...
I trust you mean Neb? Not sure. I think I have a decent idea, but I'm not going to get into all that; I came here to take a stroll down memory lane, not get into a prolonged Neb-trashing vendetta. And I'm sure the mods here would prefer it that way.

[ 01-04-2007, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Gregster ]
Old 01-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #127
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
You may notice that even Johnny quickly identified me and I made no attempt to put on a bad moustache, imitate an accent and claim to be from elsewhere
I would have sniffed you out sooner, were it not for the fact that i haven't had a drink since new years eve, and my reflexes become slower when i'm sober.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #128
Gregster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by PurpleXVI:
I never tried to "fake out" Ironworks. I mean, honestly, did that post read like any sort of attempt to hide my identity? [/QB]
Well, honestly, let's look at your last post:

Well, I hear a rumour that Neb made his peace with this place after leaving a long time ago. And that he may have returned under some other identity. It was, after all, a voluntarily leaving, way back in the day, rather than a banning.

As for his leaving UFR, that was because of mod favouritism. Certain members were, simply because the main admin wanted to get into their pants(Or was getting into their pants) allowed to break the forum rules and do things that everyone else got yelled at for, even if the two posts were back to back. But I seem to recall that there was a rule against ranting about how much other forums suck here, so I'll end it there, it was just an explanation of what happened.

Does this look like someone trying to pretend they're someone else? Naaawww! Not at all. I suppose you were referring to yourself in the 3rd person (a 3rd person with another name entirely, that is) not because you're trying to bamboozle people but rather because you thought it'd make you look really cool, in a Kanye West/R. Kelly sort of way. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #129
Gregster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
You may notice that even Johnny quickly identified me and I made no attempt to put on a bad moustache, imitate an accent and claim to be from elsewhere
I would have sniffed you out sooner, were it not for the fact that i haven't had a drink since new years eve, and my reflexes become slower when i'm sober. [/QUOTE]Whoa! I had no idea that Dr. Johnny Fever from WKRP radio in Cincinnati posted here!! Cool!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #130
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

I'll fool you next time! Would a sombrero do it?

Maybe a good Spanish accent, señor?

But seriously, johnny, if you got a prob with me, take it to PM and I'm pretty sure we can sort it out, I'm willing to talk.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote