Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 12-04-2000, 12:06 AM   #1
emilyh
Welcomed New User

I have to say my favorite spells in the game so far are fireball, incinerate, and lightning bolt. Their version of fireball is useful for wiping out the weaker monsters that come after you in groups, like the ratling thieves, skeletons, temple vipers and giant swampflies. Incinerate is pretty nifty for the stronger monsters. If you can get lightning bolt too, that rocks.

emilyh
Old 12-04-2000, 06:41 AM   #2
nekoshippo
Dungeon Master

In this game, Fighting is more useful than spellcasting, I think. I used few spells in this game. In Spirit spells, heal and great heal are most useful,and healing realms,reastore health,exorcism are useful,and ather spells are no use. In sun spells, burn,torchlight,flamestrike,dragon breath,incinerate,fire storm are effective. In moon spells,create portal and teleport,call of home are very useful,and athers are no use. In vine spells,cure poison is very useful,and cure is relatively useful. In stone spells,Lava walk is very useful. In fiend spells,there is no use in this category. Do you think SO?
Old 12-04-2000, 08:42 AM   #3
Dr. Bob
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Personally, I like some of the Sun Spells, like Flamedrop and Burning Haze, which hang around and continue to cause damage for long periods of time.

One other spell that I just got was Dust To Dust, but it never seems to do anything. I've probably tried it on a dozen monsters so far and I've yet to do ANY damage. Does anyone know what it's good for?

Does anyone have a web site that lists ALL the spells, and what they do & when to use them, etc? That would be really helpful...
Old 12-04-2000, 09:04 AM   #4
syphen

dust to dust can cause up to 250 dam to undead

Old 12-04-2000, 11:17 AM   #5
Ravensong

The fiend spells are weak, but Frenzy is awesome and Artifact of Pain is what you need to increase a weapons damage potential by blessing it. As for the other schools of magic, the splash damage make most of the best spells suitable for ranged combat only, and certain creatures seem more immune to certain schools of magic. Incinerate and Lightning do the most damage of spells that wont hurt your party close up, but as I said, there are alot of creatures that are immune to them. The most effective damage spells are definitly the storms, with Meteorstorm seeming to be the one that almost everything takes damage from. That to me is the bigdog of spells in this game. Spectral Raven also is excellent. It's a low level spell that effects almost everything and has good splash damage. I would say it beats Flamestrike, simply becasue more things are effected by it.

If your big on having your fighters hit REALLY hard, try casting Frenzy, Heroic Might, Bloodlust and Haste on 1 of them a bucnh of times each, toss in Shadow or Invisibility if that PC has Backstab. I've done over 200 points of damage on 1 hit this way with the average being 80~120 per hit.