Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 07:47 PM   #21
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I'd have to say Star Trek: The Next Generation, I don't know though, is Heroes considered Sci-Fi?
Old 05-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #22
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I have not seen much of anything in the past 11 years. During my school years and before getting married I watched Star Trek (next generation) all the time. Most recently, its Firefly that most readily comes to mind. I would agree that Heroes should be on the list, though most sci-fi we think of or is famous would be space-based...

If there's something else, I cannot remember it right now.</font>
Old 05-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #23
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Farscape - The Peacekeeper Wars was a two part series on tv a while back to cap the series. Lots of cool stuff, lots of fun. Its about 3 hours in total length (reason I called it a movie), and you can find the dvd for sale all over. I highly recommend it if you enjoyed the series.

GO FARSCAPE!

As a side note: there was supposed to be a fifth and final season to Farscape, and that last episode with the boat was filmed before the series was canceled. If you watch the bonus features on the dvds, you find out that the final episode they filmed (during which they found out the series was not renewed) was the one where the crew was on earth - the final scene being the talk between Crichton and his sister on Moya.

I swear, I'm not obsessed.

[ 05-28-2007, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Kazilan ]
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:12 PM   #24
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

That's a tough question.

I really liked B5. The new Batt Gal. is really good but I have need seen it for sometime. They moved it around on Space channnel.
I own Firefly and really like it. Farscape is another really good one. Stargate Atlantis is good and I'd like to see the original Stargate series from the beginning.
Would Angel fall under sci-fi? Heroes is really good too. See, it's hard for me to pick.

Most of the Star Trek's were good too. I wasn't a big fan of Voyager though.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:45 AM   #25
Thoran
Galvatron

I've got the origonal Stargate Series on DVD (as well as 2 seasons of Atlantis), it had the balance of effects, action and humor that I prefer in Sci-Fi TV. The Stargate franchise wasn't up to Farscape or Firefly level, but obviously it was a lot more approachable for most people... since it lasted and they didn't.

Battlestar Galactica (and Hero) both seem to take themselves way too seriously (admittedly I've not seen much of either)... and come off soap opera'ish to me.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote