Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 03-18-2003, 09:14 PM   #1
Taran
Manshoon

Letter

ok first off though durlags tower is worth tons of experience and has tons of iems......ITS GETTING OLD.
I just got to the part where it transports me back and forth to stone goloms and i talked to um a bazzilion times.
now if i talk to the guy in the room with the huge hole in it, he says something about me not being durlag and punishment and shoots a fireball at me.
what do i do from here and is it far untill i beat the stupid tower.

oh and another thing, dont trust the items list in spoliers, i checked it to see if i had some of them on the list and i found them in completely different spots than the list said, maybe its me....

HELP
Old 03-18-2003, 09:49 PM   #2
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

I want to help you but you need to be more specific about your predicament. What level are you on? Which puzzle are you attempting to solve? What is this "guy's" name? More details please.
It has admittedly been awhile since I have played through Durlag's Tower, but I will help you as best I can.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:14 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

It sounds like your almost finished. talk to the stone vgolem and get transported to the Compass room and give the correct answer (S-P-O-I-L-E-R)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
west,south,east,& north you'll then be teleported out.
Now talk to Durlags Ghost and follow him back to Islanne's room and kill the Helmed Horrors, you are now on the final level fight your way through until you find Clair De'Lain and listen to what she has to tell you about the Demonknight's Lair and cast protection from evil on everyone before entering his Lair and then cast greese on him as many times as you can and blast him with fire balls and arrows and if your real good you'll win the first time so save your game before you talk to Clair or right after, but befor you enter his Lair, GOOD HUNTING

[ 03-18-2003, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 03-19-2003, 06:56 AM   #4
Taran
Manshoon

Ok i already did that answer, but where is durlags ghost.
i talk to one guy and he says you do not understand the paths yet or something like that. so where is durlags ghost.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:30 AM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

SPOILER
It looks like you've reached the fifth level, the one after you've cleared out the four tunnels and played the chess 'game'. When you got there you will have encountered Durlag's ghost. He's hard to miss. You can talk to him but he will only be so helpful. The rest of the level consists of three areas which will each get you teleported to the room with the golems. You have to enter all three and answer all three questions before you can move on.

First bit:
There's a secret door close to Durlag. This leads to a greenish area with acidic puddles and mushrooms. You found the compass stone in one of these mushrooms and clicked the throne to enter the golem room the first time through. Answering the riddle correctly will have teleported you back to the beginning of the level.

Second bit:
Instead of taking the secret passage, continue down the corridor. You'll meet the ghost of Islanne, and she can teleport you out. If you accept and want to continue the quest later on, you'll have to come all the way through the tower a second time. Best to refuse. Taking the door SE of her leads you to a large room with some nasty traps. Avoid those traps and you'll reach a bed/bit of streched leather. Click it and you'll return to the golems for a second question. Answering correctly gets you back to the start of the level.

Third bit:
Take the door SW of Durlan's ghost this time. You'll come past some spiders and ettercaps, at the end is a statue. Talk to the statue and he'll ask you questions about Durlag's family. Answer correctly and you'll go to the room with the other golems. One more question and you'll return to the start of the level.

Final bit:
Talk to Durlan's ghost and follow him, he'll open up the door to the final fight with the demonknight.

Useful but probably redundant hint, you can use the tab key when over a character to bring up his/her name, or keep the pointer over him/her a few seconds and it will pop up too. Names usually give people a better indication of where you are and who you're talking to than descriptions like 'guy'

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 09:15 AM   #6
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

From all i've heard I assume that Durlag's tower is BG1's answer to BG2's Watcher's Keep, right?
Old 03-19-2003, 09:40 AM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

No, cause Durlag's tower was there first [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It's true in that both are buildings full of traps and puzzles giving rewarding items and XP, and DT is an early experiment as it relies more heavily on traps than on 'complicated' puzzles. Both have some good fights.
Differences are mainly situated in the purposes the structures were built for and the ones they serve now, although there's difference in the balance too. Items are better in WK, puzzles more original, but DT has the better background by far.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 06:46 PM   #8
Taran
Manshoon

Ok im getting a little more here but where is the ghost again???
is he right outside the chess game or is on the leval with the guy that can transport me out of durlags tower.
grrr this is getting annoying.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:34 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

There are TWO ghosts.
1) Right after beating the chess game, you appear in a hallway with a spirit who may (or may not) be the ghost of Durlag Trollkiller.
2) Walk past him, turn right, and go up another long hallway, and you'll reach a room in which stands another ghost, by the name of Islanne. At any point, if you should be stumped by the puzzles on this level and want to rip out your hair in frustration, you can go to Islanne and she will teleport you back to the outside world. You can never return for a second try, however.

You must make THREE visits to the room with the Statues.
1) Talk to the Stone Golem
2) Click on a certain piece of furntiture (The mouse pointer will turn into the "Cast Spell Here" pointer)
3) Click on a certain other piece of furniture
The order in which you do the above things does not matter. Once in the room, BE INTELLIGENT! PAY ATTENTION! If you're smart you will figure out the answers to the riddles. If you're not smart, you'll eventually get it by trial and error. Move everybody except your Tank to the South side of the room.

About "dont trust the items list in spoilers"--Don't bother with spoilers at all. Not only are they sometimes inaccurate or misleading, they rob you of the enjoyment of beating difficult parts of the game. If you're running your first trip through Durlag's with a walkthrough at your elbow, I'm not surprised that you're feeling irritated instead of proud.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:04 PM   #10
Taran
Manshoon

ok SIX thanks but if you have already other posts in this thread you would know im already past that

islanne or whatever can transport me out,
but the person in the halway (durlag trollkiller) just stands there and says that i dont understand all the paths yet

i really need help