Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2001, 12:35 AM   #1
Shamus
Welcomed New User

Couple of things here have baffled me so I thought id try online for an answer. Having only had the game for a couple of days I have run into a few probs.

1. After deafeating the monsters at the todem poles I found that no matter what happened Shinwiki doesnt come good on his promise of Gold and a spear. It may be that he is just a stinking toad and is trying to back out of his deal or I may have missed something. He says he will know when the deed is done, and you hear croaking etc. Am I supposed to say something when im done?

2. After completing the quests for Paladine and Barbarian I nnotice no change when I go back to the Armoury. Once again do I say something or will it just happen automatically?

3. Spider eggs? Ive killed heaps of em and still cant find an egg, are they all males? [img]redface.gif[/img] I certainly hope not.

Thanks in advance for your help...
Shamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 12:57 AM   #2
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

1. I don't remeber since that was a while ago in game for me..
2. FOr Paladin you have to go to the temple and for barb. make sure they are the one killing 20 people if teamates get the kill it doesnt count. Its easier if you send him alone and count the kills then go back to armory.
3. They will eventually give an egg whenever i encounter one i usually get an egg. But keep trying, did you kill the spider in kerielles basement that one usually dropped an egg 4 me.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: KAR_MOD1 ]

KAR_MOD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 01:55 AM   #3
frostg1ant
Dungeon Master

1. Just finished this area tonight. I killed all four of the "Evils" and then the narrator said something about frogs, ribits, etc. Then I touched the Toadem Pole (recommend doing so!). Went back to Shinwiki and he knew right away the quest had been solved.

2. Can't help you on #2

3. The only spider egg I have found so far is in the Old Windmill's basement.

frosty
frostg1ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 02:54 AM   #4
Shamus
Welcomed New User

Seems pretty wierd. I touched the ploe aswell, with all of my characters. And I conted the Kills for the Barbarian using the stats thingy. I heard the Ribbits etc, just no go. Also I tried that same spider in the Windmill with no luck, do you have to steal it or something?

Pretty frustrating when others seem to have no problems.
Old 11-21-2001, 04:39 AM   #5
aestra
Dungeon Master

[1] Alas, I had that same problem as well. I was in a semi-reset adventures mode - as in, I had clicked reset, some quests had been reset (I didn't finish it the first time though), while others were a bit funny, and the map never reset. I don't have a solution, in my case, I tried another reset and that worked and I started all over again and Shinwiki was fine. The good news is you don't really need the quest unless you want his spear. Which unless you've been developing someone with pole/staff skill, is only good for sale. Yes, he should realise once you kill the Swamp Evils.

[2] It should just happen automatically, but you do need to let Smitty talk when you go in, don't just straighaway click on Buy or Sell or Identify for example. Possibly, another program error if you're receiving the problem you mention in [1]. You can monitor your Barbarian-to-be's kills in the Stats section of the character review screen.
[3] They are random... keep killing. I think frostg1ant is right... there is a definite spider's egg inside Kerielle's windmill.
aestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 07:17 AM   #6
Shamus
Welcomed New User

Thanks lads. Got the whole Quest thing sorted for the Barbarian and the Paladine. As for Shinwiki I just did it again twice from a save and got the same response. I figure stuff it ill let it slide.

AS for the spiders egg I killed two more (one in the windmill) and no chops, I guess ill have to wonder til I find one.

Thanks again for your help, this forum is great, I can see me visiting quite frequently [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2001, 10:11 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Shamus!

If you really need a spider egg and can't find one, email me. I can hack you one BUT I have to warn you ahead of time that I'm having trouble with the increased traffic on my ISP which makes it very difficult for me to email attachments. What that means is that I spend on an average an hour and half trying to mail what took me about 4 minutes to hack.

You'll find spider eggs in the Serpent Temple for certain - so if you can wait until then - you'll be fine.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 01:41 PM   #8
Dragonrider
Dungeon Master

Shinwicki Quest.

The thing about the quest is once you have received the quest from Shinwicki is that you had to tell him goodbye and when you return make sure that the same character is selected when you talk to him again. Otherwise you will not receive the gold and spear. Select the first character when you open the double doors into his room this way you will not forget.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Dragonrider ]

Dragonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 10:16 AM   #9
Amaron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dunno if this will help but from what I've read on the spider eggs you can steal one from the spiders even if theres a chance they might not drop one. I don't know how someone would know this but it's whats been posted. I guess I got really lucky the first time I went exploring I came across three different spiders and two of them gave me eggs.

Amaron
Amaron is offline   Reply With Quote