Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2004, 04:03 PM   #1
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
My curiosity sparked by a post in another thread on this board, I decided to find out what difficulty settings everyone uses. The poll is on the poll section, and the link is below. Please take it, and thank you for your time.

Edit- Forgot the link. http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...&f=12&t=000819

[ 07-15-2004, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:15 PM   #2
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I play on Normal.

The Mods I've installed are:

1) Ease-of-Use
2) Tactics
3) Item Upgrade
4) Oversight
5) Unfinished Business
6) aPack
7) Kelsey

I also have Ascension and Redemption installed, but I'm not playing any ToB games so they haven't affected my gameplay thus far.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:29 PM   #3
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Core with some, diffrent, mods.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:58 PM   #4
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

My first game started on Normal but was quickly switched to Novice. I died too often then.

Then I played on Core mostly but now mostly on Insane. Why? It makes you think. Not just click on enemies and wait for the fight to end.

Example: when you pick up Imoen she has Minor Globe of Invulnerability memorized. What the h...? What I am going to do with that? I take my party and click on mephits and they die. Really simple.

When you switch to insane, the mephits in the Sewer golem room and in the room with the jars below can kill you! See for yourself. What Imoen's MGoI does is that it nullifes their magical attacks. They can't hit you unconscious or stun you.

How often do you use MGoI? I never used it when I played on Core. There is no need. You just go and make FOA and take Cfury and click on enemies.

I like insane. I actually need to prepare when facing an opponent. Here's what happened to me: if I put Jaheira without Ironskins against Bregg and Carbos in the begining of the game she dies. She can kill them with magic (Call Lightning) or disable them but she can't win if she just fights them. So the game makes you think and prepare the spells. I feel it's more realistic.

I do have one game that I play on Core and that is solo Assassin waiting for me to end these NRL games. Why Core? Because he is not Stoneskined.

EDIT: I play with Tactics, Ascension, Rogue Rebalancing, Item Upgrade, Kelsey, Solaufein, Tashia and some parts of Ease of Use.

[ 07-15-2004, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Leslie ]
Old 07-15-2004, 06:01 PM   #5
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Hey, can I vote for Xen?
(he is on vacation right now, maybe I'll catch his post count. )
Old 07-15-2004, 06:11 PM   #6
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Core. With mods.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:37 PM   #7
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

vote Core

with:

The Darkest Day - to add quests and in some cases adds difficulty

Tactics - to make the game harder in a more sophisticated way than "Insane" mode

I don't like what "Insane" mode does. I think it should do more like what Tactics does -- add more monsters and make them fight smarter.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:52 PM   #8
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Core with mods,
most, but not all, of the Tactics (*Smarter Mage always off in the first half of the game though)
Flirt and banter pack,
Tashia (sometimes)
Big Picture (sometimes and often time end up uninstalling TDD)
Unfinished business (always falling behind the newest release [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Ascension
Oversight Sendai
Redemption (sometimes)

about the Tactics making the fight *smarter* comment? well, the *smarter mage* to me, certainly is a misnomer -- those are forced cast pre-buff walking pieces of cheese. They are not *smarter*, they're just overpowered.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:27 AM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Core Rules, dipping down to Normal for the early Level-ups.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 12:32 AM   #10
SpongeLikeCow
Dungeon Master

Core with mods:

Chloe
Kelsey
Solaufein
Tashia
Bonus merchants
Ease of use
Underrepresented items