Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-28-2000, 07:13 AM   #1
bpm07

Is it better to have a party consisting of five members than six? I've read a lot of posts where you seem to achieve a lot with only five chars, I myself have six fellas with myself, a strong and smart fighter, Minsc, Edwin, Aerie, Jaheira and Yoshimo.
Any advice?

Old 10-28-2000, 08:51 AM   #2
Tipsy McSwagger

Methinks it's personal preference. There are folks on the boards that have completed the whole game with only one character. You could certainly do it with 5 provided there's a nice balance there. The plus side of having a smaller party is that people will level up quicker because there's more experience points to go around. With dual and multiclassed characters you can achieve a nice class balance among fewer characters. The other advantage is that once you spring Imoen you automatically have room in your party.

The disadvantage is that you lose all the extra inventory slots that another person holds as well as their added punch. You'd be surprised how much easier it is to cleave through your enemies with an extra person.

Bottom line is that it's all a matter of preferences. If you're happy with the party you have and don't feel like adding another person, that's your call. It's your 50 bucks, play it the way you want to.

Drink up.

-Tipsy