Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2003, 09:18 AM   #11
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Spade:
It's good to see that Ireland has a lot of support here. Obviously I would love to see Ireland to go all the way and I think we have a good chance. But there are a lot of great teams we have to go through first.
I happen to have loved Ireland on my 3 visits there, but have you wondered Spade why Ireland would have such great vocal support from a Kiwi and man who hails from England (although now domiciled in Australia) - it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Australia is in the same group that they are wishing Ireland every success - would it???
Old 10-12-2003, 05:18 PM   #12
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Ireland for teh kop!!

Well England lived up to expectations and walloped Georgia 84 to 6 managing to run in 12 tries. The win was not without injury and now Clive Woodward faces the prospect of going up against the Saffies without Matt Dawson or Kyran Bracken. Dawson was taken off after 36 minutes with a knee problem while Bracken was withdrawn from the bench before the match with a back strain.

Meanwhile the Scots 32 - 11 win over Japan was a game of jitters for the boys from up north but winger Chris Paterson was Scotlands saviour with two tries and 15 points in all.

Wales started of their tourny well in their game against Canada with the final score at 41 - 10.

More scores later [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2003, 06:12 PM   #13
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I only watched the first half of England Georgia (34-3) but was impressed with how well they coped with England's much vaunted "rolling maul". Time and again they stood up and held them back and split the pack never once being penalised for pulling it down. A big congratulations for showing Australia and the Kiwi's and the Saffies what can be done with a high level of commitment. We all got bossed about by that tactic on England's last visit, so maybe the cracks are starting to show .
Old 10-13-2003, 07:35 AM   #14
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
And I've just found Donuts bloody sub titled thread a bit further down the page >.<
Don't mind me [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Mine was designed to lure non-rugby lovers into the thread - I'm more than happy for yours to be the official one. It's likely that only the English and the NZedders will be posting much at the end though! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

[ 10-13-2003, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-13-2003, 07:42 AM   #15
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
I only watched the first half of England Georgia (34-3) but was impressed with how well they coped with England's much vaunted "rolling maul". Time and again they stood up and held them back and split the pack never once being penalised for pulling it down. A big congratulations for showing Australia and the Kiwi's and the Saffies what can be done with a high level of commitment. We all got bossed about by that tactic on England's last visit, so maybe the cracks are starting to show .
No - the Georgians are just a bit tougher than the Aussies!! I thought they were well organised defensively and gave us just the workout we needed. They gave up the middle to contain us on the outside. I was happy with the variety we showed in attack. Saffies on saturday but I'll miss the second half to see The Arse take on the Oil Tsar's All Stars!!

(Trying to compose a song based on "When we go marching throug Georgia" but I may upset a few people. Not that they're likely to visit this thread though! Are you??)
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-13-2003, 08:54 AM   #16
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Go the Gunners - but enough of that - we were discussing England's frailties. You know I think the Saffies may be going in favourites this weekend. If the rolling maul is not rolling well then the boys from SA have a real chance.

Oh - and watch out for Subiaco Oval (the local Aussie Rules football stadium) where the game is being played. Anytime the action is up towards the right hand goal line and towards the near touchline (as the match coverage displays it), the players will be in what is locally known as "Cruciate Corner". There have been an extremely high rate of season ending knee injuries in that area.

You might just want to tell Wilko to steer clear of that
Old 10-13-2003, 08:57 AM   #17
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:

You might just want to tell Wilko to steer clear of that [/QB]
As long as they haven't planted kryptonite I don't think he needs to worry. Did you see his performance 7/7. Not too shabby!
Old 10-13-2003, 09:09 AM   #18
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:

You might just want to tell Wilko to steer clear of that
As long as they haven't planted kryptonite I don't think he needs to worry. Did you see his performance 7/7. Not too shabby! [/QB][/QUOTE]Yeah - but that whole praying mantis routine is SO annoying it just makes you wish someone would invade the pitch and kick him in the butt while he is posing - err - concentrating [img]smile.gif[/img]

If he pops a cruciate on the weekend - well don't say I didn't give you the opportunity to warn him
Old 10-13-2003, 09:13 AM   #19
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Yeah - but that whole praying mantis routine is SO annoying it just makes you wish someone would invade the pitch and kick him in the butt while he is posing - err - concentrating [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yes - of course it upsets YOU!

Davros every other Australian I've heard criticizing Johnny's kicking routine has normally closed his remarks with something like 'Jeez, I wish he was an aussie!"

BTW - booing the kicker (bad sportsmenship), that hasn't reached rugby here yet - have your crowds been watching your cricket team
Old 10-13-2003, 09:18 AM   #20
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Looks like I will have to send you a tape of our famous victory over your guys at Twickenham a few years back (ie the first time we met Bill). Pot, Kettle Black, and I am afraid you won't find booing the kicker to be either an Aussie thing or a new thing