Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2001, 07:14 PM   #1
IndelMaster

how do you put more spells in the mage book or the priest scrolls or can you even do this. i received this game in a package deal and didn't recieve a instruction book so i've been wingin' it.
Old 05-24-2001, 07:18 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Clerical spells are blessings from your deity, and thus at level up, they are given to you, (based on your stats)...Some clerical spells are found as scrolls, and can be used once.

Mage spells are bought, found, stolen, etc...in scroll form. They can be memorized by opening the scroll and choosing the Memorize button. Depending on how smart you are, you have a % chance at learning the spell into your book. If you fail, you lose the scroll. (It burns up upon being read). Buy potions to raise you stats for a better chance.

High level spells will do you no good to memorize, if you do not have a slot on your page to put one in, thus you lose the scroll because you are not high enough level to use that spell. Make sure you have a slot available in your left hand pages of your mage book before memorizing spells into the right hand side. You can ignore this caution with lower level spells that you are sure to reach, at some point in the game. (EX...you don't want to learn any 9th level spells into your book, though if you find a scroll of 9th level, you can use it, once, without memorizing.)
Does that make sense???

------------------

Larry, a loyal guardian of the OHF, and devoted member of the Ironworks

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 05-24-2001).]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 05:43 AM   #3
TraderVixII
Dungeon Master

Something I've found helpful when writing a new scroll is to save before hand. This way if you fail to write it you can reload and try again. Just be sure to save after you write it so you don't have to do it over again. BTW I'm not sure if that's concidered "cheating" or if you would use such methods. Just thought I'd pass that along
TraderVixII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 05:58 AM   #4
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you want to strictly respect the role playing aspect, then you wont reload, but many of us do this though.

------------------
Night is not always that, what it looks like...
MidNightForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 08:24 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by TraderVixII:
Something I've found helpful when writing a new scroll is to save before hand. This way if you fail to write it you can reload and try again. Just be sure to save after you write it so you don't have to do it over again. BTW I'm not sure if that's concidered "cheating" or if you would use such methods. Just thought I'd pass that along

This is Super-wise counsel

------------------

Larry, a loyal guardian of the OHF, and devoted member of the Ironworks
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote