Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-16-2001, 08:10 AM   #1
Turin_Mormegil

Just got bag of holding and that is one sweet peice of ****. Man i love it

Anyway i have been keeping all the quest items (old keys, quest artifacts) that have already been used for their purpose (open doors, reveal secreat areas etc). But since i am pretty dumb i kept em all thinking i might need them again. I have gone on about 7 quests in act2 plus the main plot ones and these items are starting to stack up!. CAn i get rid of em safley or will i need em again? Obviously this is a dumb question but just asking

Old 01-16-2001, 08:14 AM   #2
Armisael

Just chuck them somewhere you know you can come back to if you find out you do need them, like that fish stand next to the Copper Coronet. If you're not back on the mainland yet... it's up to you. I found it was pretty safe to drop used quest items. Keys are always once-off.

Old 01-16-2001, 08:16 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Or put them in an empty chest or something, in your stronghold perhaps? I used to use the chests in the second floor of the Den of the Seven Vales in Waukeen's Promenade.
Old 01-16-2001, 08:20 AM   #4
Armisael

The stronghold? (shudder) That's a terrible place to put things. In a few cases it's the only place where there's a possibility you'll stash items and end up not being able to retrieve them - the fighter or ranger strongholds, for instance.

Old 01-16-2001, 08:26 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm, a bit far to travel, plus the danger you lose it. Good point. I was thinking more of the thieves guild because you can still enter it even if you lose it.
Old 01-16-2001, 08:31 AM   #6
Armisael

Yep, it's only a couple of strongholds where you run the risk, but anyway. On that subject, speaking from a fighter's perspective, the keep stinks. You ask for any decent amount of money and your peasants revolt, and the whole place reeks of holier-than-thou nobility. ; )

Old 01-16-2001, 08:32 AM   #7
Armisael

Oh, yeah; it also seems like it takes two days to travel there no matter where on the map you are. 'Spose it's got a bit of an advantage over having to trudge back and file your tax returns every week, though.

Old 01-16-2001, 10:01 AM   #8
Charlie
Lord Ao

If it's any help.

I've stashed all my stuff (junk included) in that little disc cupboard outside the armourers in the Waukeens promenade.

You have to come back here often enough for Cromwell etc and you've also got a good selection of shops to choose from, so it seems like a sensible place to me... It's safe too.
Old 01-16-2001, 02:29 PM   #9
NytesHalo

Actually I have found the ranger cabin to be perfectly safe to store items. You just have to be sure to do ALL the ranger quests to be sure it's yours. The way to know that the cabin is truly and completely yours is when you get a note from the mayor telling you such. There are like 3 quests you MUST do and do fast, or the cabin is lost. Consider the cabin "On Loan till that point. You also get a nice figurine when you complete all the ranger quests. But it IS rather out of the way to store items. But at least I know where I store them.

Old 01-16-2001, 03:03 PM   #10
bazz1234

Hang on a minute.... Bag on holding?? what is this? i am ALWAYS running out of room for stuff..... do tell??????

Bazz