Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-06-2002, 10:26 AM   #1
selena
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello, this is my first post, please be gentle.

I've played SoA all the way through, eventually beating Mr Irenicus, and am now merrily clawing my way through ToB with the misfortune to have Anomen's 'love' (and yes, I did encourage it, but only for a laugh).

Anyway, I've tried playing other females, but no matter how hard I try I cant seem to get any other man interested in me *sniffle* Yet if I play a man I've had interest from Aerie, Jaheira and Viconia - am I being dumb, or is there just the one option if you play a female of the species? And why, of all people, is it Anomen?!

Also, another quick questions - in SoA, after Delon tells you of the probs at Umar Hills and after you sort them out, when I try to talk to him he still acts like I haven't been - is this a general bug, or am I again missing something?
Old 03-06-2002, 11:08 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Heya, welcome to the board.

Yes, unfortunately for the female gamers, Anomen is the only option for romance that a female character has. If you're not afraid of a little girl-girl love, there is an unofficial patch that allows female characters to also get the female romance-options, even all three plus Anomen at the same time (if that is your taste, of course [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). It can be dowloaded here, look for Sir Kalthorine wotsisname's Concurrent Romance Fix.

Also, you might want to check outthis thread and this thread.

To top it off, I've also heard things about people working on a Valygar- or Haer'Dalis-romance, but I don't know the details on that.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 11:12 AM   #3
selena
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ooooh, wouldnt mind a bit of Valgyar *grin* I know Haer'dalis goes after Aerie if you happen to be impressing her with your manly studliness so I was surprised that he didnt even bat an eyelid at my beautiful dwarven body. *shrug*
Old 03-06-2002, 11:52 AM   #4
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Ah, but Dwarves don't get any romance option, male as well as female. Just as Half-Orcs. Too hairy and axe-happy, I guess.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 02:16 PM   #5
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

I think that its dum that orcs and dwarves have no romantic intrests. I had a Half orc with 18 charisma once. He should have been the best thing since sliced bread! Oh, wait, hes a HALF-ORC, what good is THAT... lol
toriuxik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 09:43 PM   #6
Aramil Galanodel
Dungeon Master

half-orcs can romance viconia
Aramil Galanodel is offline   Reply With Quote